MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions-69/)
-   -   2006 Mustang GT Auto Rousch Supercharger Question (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions/176177-2006-mustang-gt-auto-rousch-supercharger-question.html)

GlassJoe 09-05-2006 05:01 PM

2006 Mustang GT Auto Rousch Supercharger Question

First time posting so I hope this is in the right area. I have been doing searches on the forum to try and get the information but couldn't find anything specific. I just purchased an 06 GT Auto and I am leaning towards getting the Rousch Supercharger installed and would like to know who here has this setup and what are their dyno numbers. I see they say it will add 115hp but I would like to some real world numbers :) I also wanted to know, after I get the supercharger installed, I will be adding a cold air intake, pullies and gears, and would like to know if it is possible to have the system tuned after those are installed. I know rousch says not to retune the car at all but I am sure the system could be tuned properly with Dyno time. My setup would be, corsa exhaust, rousch supercharger, cold air intake, pullies and gears. If anybody has a similar setup I would really be interested in their opinions and their dyno numbers if they have any. My last 2 cars were a 93 rx7 twin turbo (single turbo conversion) and a 2001 SS Camaro (heads/cam) so I am new to the Ford stuff :) Thanks guys!

Jesse

Virgule 09-05-2006 05:35 PM

RE: 2006 Mustang GT Auto Rousch Supercharger Question

How are you going to do a CAI on a Roush if the throttle body is no longer in the stock position or configuration? A lot of CAI plenums will not work with the Roush, as they are designed to work with the stock setup.

http://store.roushperformance.com/im...401420_400.jpg

Timmay!!! 09-05-2006 05:38 PM

If roush doesn't have a tune for the auto GTs out there they should be working on one. One of the cool things about the roush is that they pick up the warranty on the motor but you cannont change anything so I wouldn't plan on modding it until they're warranty expires. You could probably call them and ask for details. I don't know anyone on currently running the roushcharger but I read in one article that it put down 391 RWHP @ 4-5 psi so there is probably around 450+ at the crank. But for some reason I suspect this car was a ringer for a vette comparo.

drbobvs 09-05-2006 05:57 PM

Roush rates it at 415hp at the crank, and I bet most would dyno at around 360rwhp with the stock roush tune. As far as UDP's go , you can't use them with a S/C because they'll just cut power to your blower. The CAI is an option but you'll really just need a different air filter element. No need to change the tubing and all. You're best bang for the buck here, assuming you want to stick with the roush blower, is a smaller blower pulley and a custom dyno tune. Do those things first and you'll put down some good numbers. Do the gears after that if you're still not thrilled.

GlassJoe 09-05-2006 06:24 PM

Thanks for the info, like I said I am new to the Ford Scene, was a GM/Import guy forever :). Let me ask this question, is it not possible to have the system retuned locally for 7psi? I know modding will void the warranty, but thats easy to get around, just put it back to stock if you need work done, and my brother is the Finance Director at westway ford here locally so getting warranty work is no issue, I ran into the same thing with my Camaro, I had heads/cam on it and got warranty work done it heh. But seriously, would it not be possible to have it tuned and configured for 7psi ? I am assuming yes? Thanks for all your info guys.

gregt909 09-06-2006 03:15 PM

I have the Roush on my manual and they do make one now for the autos. They do offer smaller pullies, I think they were 8 and 12 psi. But as you know they will void the warranty provided by Roush. I'm not sure if you have to retune it for the different pullies or not. Mine made 354 hp when it was hot and very humid in July. I'm hoping for 370+ when the weather cools some.

GlassJoe 09-06-2006 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: gregt909

I have the Roush on my manual and they do make one now for the autos. They do offer smaller pullies, I think they were 8 and 12 psi. But as you know they will void the warranty provided by Roush. I'm not sure if you have to retune it for the different pullies or not. Mine made 354 hp when it was hot and very humid in July. I'm hoping for 370+ when the weather cools some.
354hp eh? I guess I won't be going with the roush then. I am looking to get around 420-450rwhp with s/c, intake, tune, headers/exhaust. I think I may go with the brenspeed.com s/c. I have been getting some good feedback on that kit. Thanks for all the info

gregt909 09-06-2006 03:56 PM

I got the Roush to preserve the warranty. If that's not a concern I would look at the Saleen. You could easily get 420+ rwhp with their upgraded s/c kit and a good tune.

GlassJoe 09-06-2006 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: gregt909

I got the Roush to preserve the warranty. If that's not a concern I would look at the Saleen. You could easily get 420+ rwhp with their upgraded s/c kit and a good tune.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at those as well but I am leaning toward the paxton supercharger kit brenspeed.com is offering. Seems to make some very nice power.

skymedic 09-06-2006 10:38 PM

Screw the roush, go with the Saleen or Kenne Belle.

I have the saleen, putting down 400 rwhp on stock pulley, in the 110 degree AZ heat. Swapping out the pulley to 7.5 psi next week, now that the heat is starting to subside.

Should put down 450 rwhp at that point. Roush is outdated roots technology.

[IMG]local://upfiles/30525/D4E9EB43C3724E05AA8A8992AD702654.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/30525/D029546058B54297B9D31734642074B4.jpg[/IMG]