Bunch of questions about supercharging - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Old 09-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #11  
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Bunch of questions about supercharging

Quote:
ORIGINAL: xzo6

I think any S/C will bring an end to you motor eventually.Alot depends on how many times you go WOT.Previously I put a Vortech on a Honda S2000.I didn't have an issues with it but I knew of several others with the same setup that blew their engines in a relatively short period of time.The only thing I had added was a Stage 3 clutch.
The Roush S/C has relatively conservative tune.It's a decent amount of output.When or if I decided that there was a need to rebuild the motor I would be adding stronger internals,however at this time ,I only have had this car for 4000kms.No complaints r/t the S/C motor or drivetrain.
I think something may have been installed improperly for your friends car to blow an engine with only 20 miles on the odometer after it was installed.
That's just plain silly. IT IS ALL IN THE TUNE. If you are going to shell outthe $$ for a s/c then you are a fool not to spend the couple bucks to have a custom dyno tune done on it IMHO.

Every single blown motor example is either an install or tuning issue and 90% of the time it is a tuning issue. Nobody sells kits that will blow your car.

fordfanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #12  
AirborneCZ
2nd Gear Member

well thanks for the input

I will probably postpone this $$ costy S/C idea til later.

Do you know what kind of gains I would get with aftermarket charge motion plates and performance headers?
Is it worth it?
AirborneCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #13  
tcoope13
1st Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Krod07GT

I got my saleen for under 4400 and that will put you at around 400 at the flywheel, and around 360hp at the wheels. I added some stuff and will be around 420rwhp. These cars are good to around 450 at the wheels IF you get a good, safe tune. About the clutch, mine was gone the first day after I installed the S/C. You will also have to put your old pulley's back on because UDP's do the opposite for superchargers. I think all of the S/C kits are complete with everything you need, unless you specifically ask for a tuner kit.
I just bought the saleen s/c and am not thrilled about the 360 rwhp. What did you do to get it up to 420?
tcoope13 is offline   Reply With Quote