Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

New Jersey Emissions test & Dynatech Header system?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:40 PM
cmsurfr22

Default New Jersey Emissions test & Dynatech Header system?

I am thinking of getting the Dynatech exhaust system for my 2007 Mustang GT Manual Transmission.

questions:
1. does anyone know if this works on the 2007 models?
2. does anyone know if this will pass new jersey state inspection?

Also i'm thinking of getting this system and having the Borla cat back system installed as well. Does anyone have this configuration? if so do you have a sound clip? Is this setup going to be too loud? I like Deep Throaty sounds. I don't mind it being loud but i also want to be able to have a conversation or hear my radio while driving.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Jersey Emissions test & Dynatech Header system?

I think there is another thread on NJ emissions requirements... It had some info in it that may help you.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:10 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cmsurfr22

I am thinking of getting the Dynatech exhaust system for my 2007 Mustang GT Manual Transmission.

questions:
1. does anyone know if this works on the 2007 models?
2. does anyone know if this will pass new jersey state inspection?

Also i'm thinking of getting this system and having the Borla cat back system installed as well. Does anyone have this configuration? if so do you have a sound clip? Is this setup going to be too loud? I like Deep Throaty sounds. I don't mind it being loud but i also want to be able to have a conversation or hear my radio while driving.

Thanks
I can help you with some of this:

First off, yes it does fit 2007 models.

I have the Borla Cat-back and the Dynatech headers with the high-flow cats. It's loud, but it's not obnoxious. (I have yet to set off a car alarm). It is definatley deep, and you can hear the radio and have a conversation in the car. I don't have a means of recording a good sound clip, sorry.

I have no idea what the New Jersey emissions tests are. But there are a few threads about longtubes and emissions. Search and read.

Oh, and one last thing. Don't waste your $$$ on the cat-back like I did. It's not worth it. Get just the axle-back. The difference between the Borla overaxle pipes and the OEM ones is miniscule at best.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:28 PM
cmsurfr22

Thank you for the info. I can't seem to find the thread on nj emissions do you know where it is?
Old 10-16-2006, 06:27 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Sorry, I don't know where the NJ Thread is, but this other thread may be of use to you as well:

https://mustangforums.com/m_1814805/tm.htm
Old 10-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

No problems in CT

[IMG]local://upfiles/31319/D18F54E20E98452998F98D089AC80BA4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-20-2006, 09:20 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Do you guys with the catted Dynatech long tube systems have the rear O2 sensors turned on or off? Do you ever get any check engine lights coming on due to the O2 sensors?
Old 10-20-2006, 09:39 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BoidMorphs

Do you guys with the catted Dynatech long tube systems have the rear O2 sensors turned on or off? Do you ever get any check engine lights coming on due to the O2 sensors?
Nope, the cats work just fine. My rear sensors are ON, and I have no lights coming on.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:02 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

I can help you with some of this:

First off, yes it does fit 2007 models.

I have the Borla Cat-back and the Dynatech headers with the high-flow cats. It's loud, but it's not obnoxious. (I have yet to set off a car alarm). It is definatley deep, and you can hear the radio and have a conversation in the car. I don't have a means of recording a good sound clip, sorry.

I have no idea what the New Jersey emissions tests are. But there are a few threads about longtubes and emissions. Search and read.

Oh, and one last thing. Don't waste your $$$ on the cat-back like I did. It's not worth it. Get just the axle-back. The difference between the Borla overaxle pipes and the OEM ones is miniscule at best.
How does your exhaust sound in reguards to raspiness with the stingers? I will eventually go with Kooks or Dynatech for L/Ts but they only come with X-pipes. The only catted X-pipes setup I've heard was a full Bassani system and it sounded like a big block honda.[:'(] Other X-pipe O/R X-pipe systems are far too raspy for me. Would fabricating a catted H-pipe be possible for these headers, or would it be too much trouble.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:19 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

It's not particularly raspy at all. Note that the Borla Cat-back that I'm running has the Stinger mufflers.

Most of the header setups will come with X-pipes becasue they flow better than H-pipes. If you really wanted an H-pipe I'm sure you could have one fabricated. Just find a GOOD fabricator who can weld it up right. I wouldn't trust your average muffler shop with that job.

Quick Reply: New Jersey Emissions test & Dynatech Header system?