Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

What is the best supercharger for a 06 gt

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:48 PM
MUSTANGEXPERT
2nd Gear Member

Default What is the best supercharger for a 06 gt

I was looking into buying a supercharger for my car but i am undecided on what one i want to get...its between a procharger, whipple or a kenne bell..what does everyone think...
Old 12-05-2006, 03:54 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What is the best supercharger for a 06 gt

Check out Brenspeed.com Good price and he is reliable, knowlegeable and test everything before he sells it.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:24 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

It all depends on what kind of power you want to make, and where you want it to come in. If you want top end, go with centrifugal, if you want torque and the power to come on at a lower range, go with twin screw.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:49 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

It all depends on what kind of power you want to make, and where you want it to come in. If you want top end, go with centrifugal, if you want torque and the power to come on at a lower range, go with twin screw.
Yep, what he said.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:34 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

If you want a centrifugal call texas hot rods, they are the procharger dist. Also if you want a KB, I would suggest getting one from the guy that is selling them on the parts for sale he is taking out 1,200 of the sticker price for a brand new twin screw. Both are good; depends on what you want. For a mild psi and more track car I would go with a KB, for a high psi/street warrior and track I would with a centrifugal. Personally I would go with turbo because it is much better but that is my take.

Att. Andrew
Old 12-05-2006, 06:50 PM
zcat
2nd Gear Member

You can't go wrong with any of these units and it really boils down to what power band your looking for and what deal you can get. Whipple & KB are Twinscrews that will make your car feel like it has a big bore motor under the hood with an enormous amount of torque right off idle, the Procharger is more like a belt driven turbo with most of its usable power towards redline. Twinscrew is alot of fun in a streetcar and can really surprise those who know you have a little S197 motor, but don't know about the blower and in the Whipple's case, there is little sound to reveal it to bystanders, but when you roll into it on the highway at lower RPM the sound is magic Personally, I don't like the whinning sound of a centrifical at idle, but many do and thats just my opinion. What I really don't like about a centrifical is the power being packed at the upper RPM, but that works great on a drag car. Someone mentioned that there was a Kenny Bell on the forum at a great discount, but you have to move fast as the owner is sending that unit back soon for a refund. I believe it is brand new and the car it was to "huff on" was wreaked before it was installed[:@]
Old 12-06-2006, 02:36 AM
loadedpony

I have a Saleen SC, and its challenges are hot air & a slipping belt. KB addresses both these issues but seems getting 50-state legal is taking alot of time.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:00 PM
markj
1st Gear Member

LoudPony, I'm also looking into this kit. Sounds like you have the upgrade kit with your S/C. I'm really considering this as the S/C for me. What's your general feeling about it? Are you happy with it or do you wish you went another route?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:42 PM
MUSTANGEXPERT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks alot i was looking for atleats 11's in the quarter mile and a nice amout of torque....the Kenne Bell sounds good..i heard that the prochargers leak....
Old 12-06-2006, 08:29 PM
BlackSpirit
2nd Gear Member

I have heard nothing but problems with these notsoprochargers, run a search on them and you will wonder how they stay in business. I have been researching for an upcomming SC purchase and all the negative write ups have me completely decided against a blowcharger.

ORIGINAL: MUSTANGEXPERT

Thanks alot i was looking for atleats 11's in the quarter mile and a nice amout of torque....the Kenne Bell sounds good..i heard that the prochargers leak....

Quick Reply: What is the best supercharger for a 06 gt