Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Has anyone got the rmpoutlet.com power option

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 06:09 AM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Default Has anyone got the rmpoutlet.com power option

Its got a C&L cold air intake,3 motoblue pulleys, diablosport predator flash tuner. its all for $599.95 Sounds good to me..has anyone got this? and how much hp did you gain to the rear wheels? its from rpmoutlet. thanks
Old 12-10-2006, 06:52 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Has anyone got the rmpoutlet.com power option

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

Its got a C&L cold air intake,3 motoblue pulleys, diablosport predator flash tuner. its all for $599.95 Sounds good to me..has anyone got this? and how much hp did you gain to the rear wheels? its from rpmoutlet. thanks
Absolutely nothing wrong with this package and the price is excellent. The problem is with RPMOUTLET. Do a search and you'll find a bunch of horror stories. They offer good prices and the worst customer service. If you ever have to return something get ready for a lengthy fight. IMO...pay a little more and shop elsewhere.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:24 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scramblr

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

Absolutely nothing wrong with this package and the price is excellent. The problem is with RPMOUTLET. Do a search and you'll find a bunch of horror stories. They offer good prices and the worst customer service. If you ever have to return something get ready for a lengthy fight. IMO...pay a little more and shop elsewhere.
Listen to this and AVOID rpmoulet. There are dozens of horror stories involving them. Do a search here or on m o d u l a r f o r d s and you will be able to read all about it. In fact, there's a 7+ page long thread on that forum with posts from counltess people who were screwed by rpmoutlet.

Let me tell you a little bit about mine. I bought a set of idler pulleys from them becasue they were advertised as having better bearings than OEM and that they were lighter. They arrived right away. However, the pulleys were actually HEAVIER than OEM, and they had some very shoddy no-name chinese bearings in them. Then began the week-long battle between me and the world's crappiest customer service department. I could write for pages about this, but suffice it to say it wasn't until I threatened legal action that I actually got a refund.

Anyway, another reason to avoid this package is becasue rpmoutlet is not a custom tuning center. They will be giving you the Diablosport default tune. You don't want that.

Buy your package from either Brenspeed or Evolution or B a m a c h i p s. These guys have great service and they will give you a REAL custom tune, which will make much better power than the default tune you'd get from rpm.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:04 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I have been screwed by them once but I have made around 8 orders from them. I was screwed out of $40, but I have saved over 350 by buying from them so it is really a win/loose situation. If you are lucky, you have a smile on your face if not then $$$$. I would recomend evo or ba.m.a.c.hips other than brenspeed because brenspeed does not upgrade his tunes for free.

Att. Andrew
Old 12-11-2006, 02:43 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Brenspeed does as long as you buy a part that needs to be tuned from him.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:46 PM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

I purchased the same package from RPM about a 8 months or so ago...

Luckily it was a quick and easy transaction...I never had to deal with RPMOUTLET's stellar customer service department...

What the other person mentioned about the tune is correct...

They advertise that they are "dyno-tuned power options"...that is a load of bull dung.....

I installed the pulleys/tune/CAI and threw a CEL before I hit the end of the driveway...took it to my tuner right away....a/f was over 15:1...needless to say the canned tune is crap...

always good stuff over the wires about evolution and brenspeed...however if you're planning to get a custom tune anyway..there's not point to spending the extra money on a tune you're going to overwrite anyway...that is what i did.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:20 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

Sorry but I am gonna copy paste an earlier post of mine:

Oh really? then tell me 1 part that they sell that actually requires a tune update? You are gonna pay 200 more for the steeda plates?? You are gonna put cams and not get them dyno tuned? Their selection is rather limited and more times than not overpriced.

I would like to quote riven02 on this:

"There isnt a whole lot of mods that would need an update that you could buy from him.

For LTs I bought from him he says no update is needed. CMDPs require a tune but he doesnt sell FRPPs and who is going to pay 300$ for the non ford ones. UDPs dont require a tune of course. Gears is a simple tune change that doesnt require a new one.

Cams would but I would not install them without a dyno tune.

I might not be thinking about all of them but after the CAI and tune, I cant think if a single mod that he would update for free."

Att. Andrew
Old 12-12-2006, 11:11 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

That's a good post Androz but I'd like to make a comment AGAIN that people seem to be constantly overlooking:

When you buy your tuner, you get THREE tunes--they can be whatever you want. Just anticipate what mods you want with those three tunes. There's no real point in doing the traditional thing of getting one tune for each different grade of octane. If you're going to run 92, run 92 and who cares about the others. If you're going to run 87, that's OK too, forget the 89 and 92 then.

For example, suppose you're buying your CAI+ Tuner combo. Get one tune for the CAI. Now you've got two left to think about. Perhaps you were thinking of the CMCV delete in the future. Make your number two tune CAI + CMCP delete. Perhaps then you could make the third tune for Nitrous or for Cams.

I wouldn't want to run a "canned tune" for cams for a long time either. But I do need something to tide me over after I install the camshafts until I can make it to the Dyno, which in my case is 50 miles away...
Old 12-12-2006, 01:07 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

Sorry but I am gonna copy paste an earlier post of mine:

Oh really? then tell me 1 part that they sell that actually requires a tune update? You are gonna pay 200 more for the steeda plates?? You are gonna put cams and not get them dyno tuned? Their selection is rather limited and more times than not overpriced.

I would like to quote riven02 on this:

"There isnt a whole lot of mods that would need an update that you could buy from him.

For LTs I bought from him he says no update is needed. CMDPs require a tune but he doesnt sell FRPPs and who is going to pay 300$ for the non ford ones. UDPs dont require a tune of course. Gears is a simple tune change that doesnt require a new one.

Cams would but I would not install them without a dyno tune.

I might not be thinking about all of them but after the CAI and tune, I cant think if a single mod that he would update for free."

Att. Andrew
So you are saying you don't want to buy the parts he has because they are more expensive than the parts you can get, then expect him to take his time(which as the saying goes,"Time is money") and give you a free upgrade from upgrades that need tuning that you bought elsewhere.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:54 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Riven bought long tubes from them and they said they wouldn't update the tune. Tech if I am not mistaken on the new tune all they gotta do is richen it a tad and for a tune with the cai/tuner which they prob ship out thousands per month they already got it set up, they just change the tuner vin and pcu code for the car.

Att. Andrew

Quick Reply: Has anyone got the rmpoutlet.com power option