Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

WTF ??? I am some what dissapointed.Tell me why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 10:13 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

Default WTF ??? I am some what dissapointed.Tell me why?

WTF ??? I am some what dissapointed.

Maybe it is me. I have been around mustangs for many years 85, 92, 93 models when I was younger and any of them SMOAKEDDDD the tires like I was on an oil slick.

OK, here is my deal for this post. Tonight I was with the old lady and said lets see how this machine burns the tires.
I turned off the traction control and reved her to about 4000 rpm and droped the hammer and she barly spun but she did move and spun second a good bit. BUT 1st should have been LIT UP. Total Stock 07 GT 5 SPEED 3.55 gears. WHAT DID I DO WRONG? OR WHAT's THE DEAL. I am a little dissapointed. I expected more. She should have blown the tires loose.
[sm=boosign.gif][sm=boosign.gif][sm=boosign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=noooo.gif][sm=feedback.gif][sm=feedback.gif][sm=feedback.gif]
Old 12-31-2006, 11:00 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: WTF ??? I am some what dissapointed.Tell me why?

Come on guys, 14 views and no ideas. I am no idiot, what's up with the car?
Old 12-31-2006, 11:02 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

you just caught good traction

get some 4.30s
Old 12-31-2006, 11:11 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

imo, in order to shread your tireson demand, you'll
want to get forced induction. look into either a turbo
or super charger

what you describe sounds normal to me, with the stock gt
Old 12-31-2006, 11:23 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Dont' forget that modern tires are a hell of a lot better than those on the older cars...much harder to spin.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:58 AM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

You should have smoked them easy doing a 4000 rpm drop, I have the a/t and can smoke mine by just flooring it from a dead stop. I do know the tune and cai helped alot. I have BFG/TAKDW'S ALSO.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:29 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Next time, take the car off the jack stands first.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:10 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Hmmm, I'm not stock anymore, but when I was, I could sit and smoke the tires on demand. It took a little practice with the clutch and break pedal, but once I had it down it was no problem. I think you just need to get the sync down with the pedals. These cars have more than enough stock torque to do this.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I remember my friend was back from Japan and he wanted to see me do a little burnout, I cannot do a brake stand for the life of me but I did rev it to 4k and drop the clutch/hammer. Both tires went up in smoke. Though to be honest. I'd rather the car pick up and go then lose traction.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:34 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TASSY5

WTF ??? I am some what dissapointed.

Maybe it is me. I have been around mustangs for many years 85, 92, 93 models when I was younger and any of them SMOAKEDDDD the tires like I was on an oil slick.

OK, here is my deal for this post. Tonight I was with the old lady and said lets see how this machine burns the tires.
I turned off the traction control and reved her to about 4000 rpm and droped the hammer and she barly spun but she did move and spun second a good bit. BUT 1st should have been LIT UP. Total Stock 07 GT 5 SPEED 3.55 gears. WHAT DID I DO WRONG? OR WHAT's THE DEAL. I am a little dissapointed. I expected more. She should have blown the tires loose.
[sm=boosign.gif][sm=boosign.gif][sm=boosign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=noooo.gif][sm=feedback.gif][sm=feedback.gif][sm=feedback.gif]
Okay you made me go out with my brand new 07 GT 5-speed manual and dump the clutch at 3000 rpm for the first time.
I turned off the traction control, revved it up and nailed it, nothing but tire burning, lots and lots of tire burning. This was on a good highway, I don't know where there would be better traction except at a race track with rubber laid down. Something odd is going on with your car. I fried the tires with ease and my car has no engine power mods. I agree with you, it should have blown the tires loose. Now I have to find out at what rpm I can dump the clutch at to get traction and not sit there frying the tires, I've heard 2500 is a good rpm. You dumped the clutch at 4000 and barely spun, that's just not right.

Quick Reply: WTF ??? I am some what dissapointed.Tell me why?