Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

HOW CAN I HAVE MORE THAN 700 RWHP WITHOUT NOS

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:54 PM
steelcomp
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HOW CAN I HAVE MORE THAN 700 RWHP WITHOUT NOS

Twin Turbo is the only way you're going to do this reliably, and yes it can be done with pump gas. The amount of boost and octane requirement are only relative to the relationship between the piston dome(yes, I said dome) and the combustion chamber. Combined with good EMS, now days you can have your cake and eat it too. One of the key factors is also a supereffecient IC.

It ain't cheap, but nothing with 700hp is.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:04 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

Are they making 700+ HP on 4.6 L?

I completely understand making serious HP on pump gas as a general principle. But I would be suprised to see it done reliably and consistently on such a small displacement engine. Ever case that I have seen where a lot of HP is made on pump gas they are running a big block with a lot more displacement.
I promise you this car here is making more than 700 on pump gas and is a 4.6L. I know the owner personally, have seen it on the dyno, and have ridden in it. Actually there are a couple of guys on this board that know this car and the power it makes. Actually, I think it is still on a stock bottom end.

And this guy's car ( Steve Dean ) is 744rwhp at 17psi on his daily driver tune.
teminator motors are 100% fully forgged
Old 01-10-2007, 12:12 AM
steelcomp
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

I completely understand making serious HP on pump gas as a general principle. But I would be suprised to see it done reliably and consistently on such a small displacement engine. Ever case that I have seen where a lot of HP is made on pump gas they are running a big block with a lot more displacement.
I promise you this car here is making more than 700 on pump gas and is a 4.6L. I know the owner personally, have seen it on the dyno, and have ridden in it. Actually there are a couple of guys on this board that know this car and the power it makes. Actually, I think it is still on a stock bottom end.

So??
Old 01-10-2007, 07:42 AM
eolsonite
1st Gear Member

Hawgman, How much did Steve have to pay to rebuild his engine to go past the stock supercharged 480rwhp @ 10 lbs or so ?? I've been to Livernois, and that would take some work. Erik
Old 01-10-2007, 11:50 AM
alecsm

i'd like to usemy car for street and drag ... the fastest car in my country is aprox. 11 / 1/4 miles
i understand about stok 05 mustang 14 / 1/4 miles, and i think with 600-700 i'l be near the 11 or 10 !
i'm not intrested about TT because is to pretentious and will not "survive" like a SC with IC
i'd like to change camshafts, pistons, crankshaft and all i need for engine upgrade, to mount a PROCHARGER P-1SC Kit intercooled but nobody can help me in my country to setup the computer (software) fot it and i'm not sure if the handheld programmer wich come's with the SC kit will fit my upgraded engine....ok ...let's say will work's .... the P-1SC Kit is designed for stok engines and my upgradedengine supports more airemass than the stock one... who can help me with handheld programmer to do that ??

for those wich tell me to buy another car (like shelby or saleen) .... i already have my baby- pearl white 05 mustang gt with boy racer body kit from 3d carbon, 20 inch wheels (pearl white), cats removed, nitrous installation wich deliver 50-60 hp on dyno

Thank's all
Old 01-10-2007, 01:29 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: steelcomp

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

So??
s197s are not, a forged motor can handel alot more
Old 01-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: alecsm

i'd like to usemy car for street and drag ... the fastest car in my country is aprox. 11 / 1/4 miles
i understand about stok 05 mustang 14 / 1/4 miles, and i think with 600-700 i'l be near the 11 or 10 !
i'm not intrested about TT because is to pretentious and will not "survive" like a SC with IC
i'd like to change camshafts, pistons, crankshaft and all i need for engine upgrade, to mount a PROCHARGER P-1SC Kit intercooled but nobody can help me in my country to setup the computer (software) fot it and i'm not sure if the handheld programmer wich come's with the SC kit will fit my upgraded engine....ok ...let's say will work's .... the P-1SC Kit is designed for stok engines and my upgradedengine supports more airemass than the stock one... who can help me with handheld programmer to do that ??

for those wich tell me to buy another car (like shelby or saleen) .... i already have my baby- pearl white 05 mustang gt with boy racer body kit from 3d carbon, 20 inch wheels (pearl white), cats removed, nitrous installation wich deliver 50-60 hp on dyno

Thank's all
If you want 700 hp or better from a Centrifugal S/C like procharger as someone mentioned earlier you will need a F1-A S/C from procharger and those aren't simple bolt-on deals like the P-1SC. And another thing to be wary of with S/Cs are broken belt tensioners. Seems to happen a bit 600 hp and up.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Haulupki
1st Gear Member

alecsm,

Just my opinion here.....It sounds like you don't have the proper resources close by. I would not do anything radical to that car. There are people here in the states with all the help they can handle and still blow these 4.6 motorsto shreds. Then the car sits for months on end while they rebuildeverything to handle that kind of power.[sm=forgetit.gif]
Old 01-10-2007, 06:29 PM
alecsm

haulupki,
i'd like to buy a performancekit (600-700 or more rwhp) wich fit perfectly my car and wich have been tested on 05 mustang !! Tha's all i need !
Old 01-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Honestly, if money isn't a thing for you send the car to the builder/shop of your choice in the statesand have them build and tuneyour car to your specs. There are no real 700hp S/Cperformance kits out there. As far as the handheld tuners, they are mandatory if you want to load tunes into your car. Your builder/tuner will program and load tunes intothe handheld tuner, usually 3, and you can load the one that best suits you.They all "fit" the same since the OBD-II port is the same on all these cars. The thing that will be different will be your tunes which will becertainly custom for the power/setup you desire.

Quick Reply: HOW CAN I HAVE MORE THAN 700 RWHP WITHOUT NOS