Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

HOW CAN I HAVE MORE THAN 700 RWHP WITHOUT NOS

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:34 PM
alecsm

Default HOW CAN I HAVE MORE THAN 700 RWHP WITHOUT NOS

HI ALL
I'd like to have maximum performance for my 05 Mustang GT
Anybody can help me with info's, tuners or somethingwhat i need to know ???

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/video/liv05723.wmv- i found that on www.livernoismotorsports.com there is an 05 Mustang GT with some modif. and 723 RWHP !

Who can modify my car for rich upRWHP to 700 ??

Thank's
Old 01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HOW CAN I HAVE MORE THAN 700 RWHP WITHOUT NOS

You had better be ready to pay the BIG MONEY for power like that.

You will need a built engine with premium internal components, all new driveline and suspension parts to handle that power, and then either a supercharger or turbocharger, oh, and race gas...becasuse there is no way you are going to make that kind of HP on a 4.6L motor without race gas...the boost levels would be too high.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:09 PM
alecsm

@CrazyAl ..i'm ready to do that ... (to pay BIG MONEY)
i'd like a supercharger not turbocharger and about gas, in my country we have high octane gas
it's hard to make this changes for me because i'm outside of US and i'd like to buy something tested and wich fit mycar perfectly, nosoftware or hardware changesbeforinstallingthe parts!!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Haulupki
1st Gear Member

If you are not in the U.S. then it would be much easier to just buy a car that already is putting down those kind of numbers reliably. Cause it takes months of work to get a mustang up to that point reliably. It can be done with the right size wallet. The entire car needs to be modified to handle it. Maybe start with a Saleen extreme or a GT500 and go from there.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:19 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

You want to make big power here is the simple way to do it.

First get a Built race block. You best bet would be a 4.6L big bore or stroker bringing it to 302-304 cubic inches (5.0L)
You will want them to use A billet crank, Billet I beam rods, and some ccustom low compression pistons with valve reliefes.
Next you will want a set of stage II or race heads, new SS vlaves, springs with Titanium retainers and a set of custom ground cams.
And you will also want the other basics, aluminum alil pan with an aftermarket windage tray, etc etc etc..

So now that we have the long block sorted out, we shall head to the power side of things. You will need either a Turbo setp (large single or TT) or a race S/C. I would pick a TT setup as its more streetable. You will then want to add either a shot of nos to cool the charge or put a spray system on the IC to cool it.

As far as tranny, either you will need a built auto or a built Manual that can handle 700+ ft/lbs TQand a built 8.8 or 9" rear.
You will probably also need a tubular K member to make the routing of piping for the BIG IC possible and you will need an upgraded rear suspension to handle the power at launch.

Fuel system woul probably either be switched over to a return setup or something custom like Costal dyno just did with 3 Ford GT pumps and 3 fuel modules, then you will be talking about some serious injectors probably modded 60#'s.

Ingnition would need to be upgraded so either new COPS or switch to standard plugs and high end coil pacls with a msd box.

In the end you are looking at probably an easy 25K in hardware
Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

VSOP's post is great. I would start with the biggest motor I could get. I normally don't like the Iron blocks due to the extra weight, but in this case it might be needed just so you can maximize displacement. You can hit 5.2 L with either the iron block or a sleeved aluminum block. (perhaps even more with a 3rd-party race only block).

A built T-56 will handle the torque. You will either need a 9" rear end or a built 8.8. Don't forget the clutch too.

But my most serious concern, even if you have the money, is when you say "no software changes". You can buy all the parts to make a car like this if you have the $$. But you need a good mechanic to put it together, and then you need an expert tuner to make it all run right. A car like this MUST be tuned on a dyno, by someone that really knows their stuff. There's no way to avoid that. Can you find a tuner in your country that can do this? I don't know, but I am guessing that might be a major concern. Also keep in mind that you will need expert help if there is a problem with the car....or perhaps even for maintenance!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:22 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

VSOP's post is great. I would start with the biggest motor I could get. I normally don't like the Iron blocks due to the extra weight, but in this case it might be needed just so you can maximize displacement. You can hit 5.2 L with either the iron block or a sleeved aluminum block. (perhaps even more with a 3rd-party race only block).

A built T-56 will handle the torque. You will either need a 9" rear end or a built 8.8. Don't forget the clutch too.

But my most serious concern, even if you have the money, is when you say "no software changes". You can buy all the parts to make a car like this if you have the $$. But you need a good mechanic to put it together, and then you need an expert tuner to make it all run right. A car like this MUST be tuned on a dyno, by someone that really knows their stuff. There's no way to avoid that. Can you find a tuner in your country that can do this? I don't know, but I am guessing that might be a major concern. Also keep in mind that you will need expert help if there is a problem with the car....or perhaps even for maintenance!
Iron would be the cheaper way to go, but a Race Aluminum block would be best in the sense that you will keep weight better balanced, but at 3K+ just for the block its big money. If you were custom fabbing the Turbo setup you could start with the Ford GT block and go from there. If you went with a 5.4L iron block there are 6.1L stroker kits for those.

As far as the install you better have a pro putting the engine together and one hell of a shop putting the car together.
Once its together the real hard part starts. You need to have a real ford tuning pro working on the car while its on the rollers. Figure about$3K alone for dyno and tuning time. Could be even more then that depending on how smoothly everything goes, the more problems that arise while tuning it (and there are always issues that were overlooked or unforseen) themore dyno time needed and the more hours the tuner will charge.

Also you will now have a very exotic setup meaning that you can't just take it to any shop for service, the cost of keeping things in tip top shape will also jump. Oil changes will cost more and be more frequent. Figure you will have at least a dual filter setup and probably 7-9 quarts of oil each change. You will probably be swapping oil every 2k miles if that. Wearable items like brakes and clutch pads are now going to need to be replaced at shorter intervals just like tires.

So even if it only cost you 30K to havethe car dropped off at a shop and the work done, you will also be paying more each you just to keep the car running. You better beready for buying new parts as well. When making that much power things tend to break and there is nothing you can do about it.

You can probably make a 700hp setup that is fairly streetable and does not really break things, but if you want to start pushing for 900+ say hello to the monthlyparts bill to replacethose things that will break.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

If you can go turbo here a start www.turbohorsepower.com I belive there is a kenne bell RACE setup thats putting down somewhere in in the high 700s low 800s for hp. But stated above you'll will need to build a massive foundation to support that kinda power. I'm not as wellspoken on tech likeCrazyAl and a few others, butto me at least that also includes building a suspension and drivetrain that is ready for that kinda power. One day I hope I hit the powerball CHA-CHING.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:16 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

You had better be ready to pay the BIG MONEY for power like that.

You will need a built engine with premium internal components, all new driveline and suspension parts to handle that power, and then either a supercharger or turbocharger, oh, and race gas...becasuse there is no way you are going to make that kind of HP on a 4.6L motor without race gas...the boost levels would be too high.
While I agree with 99.9% of your post, I have to disagree with not being able to put down that much power on pump gas. I know of several 700+ hp on pump gas cars here locally. Now granted, they are all twin turbo Terminators, but still, you can make over 700 on pump gas.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:57 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

defintely possible. you need a couple things.

bulletproof internals
extremely efficient poweradder, procharger F1 reccomended
supporting mods.

not much will be stock on a car like this.

also, don't call it "nos." please use "nitrous" lol.

Quick Reply: HOW CAN I HAVE MORE THAN 700 RWHP WITHOUT NOS