MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions-69/)
-   -   SUPERCHARGING A NEW 07 GT IN LOUISIANA (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions/237042-supercharging-a-new-07-gt-in-louisiana.html)

TASSY5 01-27-2007 06:39 PM

SUPERCHARGING A NEW 07 GT IN LOUISIANA

OK, here is the deal. Just bought an 07 ALLOY GT in December. Plan on Long tubes, X or H pipe with Hi Flo Cats and Borla Stingers. Only thing is I am also going to SC it in the next 4 months also. But since Hurricane Katrina there aren't many stang orientated shops I would trust my new GT with. I believe the Saleen SC is the best choice for the car but need a repuable shop to take the car to that will do the job right, Dyno it, and tune it so once i leave with it i won't have any issues with the car.
I am basically located in the New Orleans suburbs, I do go to Florida once or twice a year so i could have it installed by a shop there, or Miss or here in La. if anyone knows where i can go.

GTJUNKIE 01-28-2007 02:34 PM

RE: SUPERCHARGING A NEW 07 GT IN LOUISIANA

I live in marrero and had the same issue with finding a shop. I found a shop in baton rouge named stang hi.www.stanghi.com is the site he has a dynojet dyno and will be installing my gears in feb. His web site is not that big so I called him and he deals with mustangs and ford gt's all the time. He is probably capable of doing what you want and isn't that far. 45 min drive down I-10

peteway 01-28-2007 03:06 PM

stang hi is a good choice... I don't have personal experiece with them but I know of others who have. I think there is someone in the forums with a procharger done by them running at 10psi 480 rwhp.

OhioStang956 01-29-2007 05:54 PM

I have a stock 2006 Mustang GT, I'm thinking about adding a supercharger, do I need to do anything else, how reliable will my car be after the install ? Anyone know of a good speed shop in the Cleveland, Ohio area ?

Haulupki 01-30-2007 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: OhioStang956

I have a stock 2006 Mustang GT, I'm thinking about adding a supercharger, do I need to do anything else, how reliable will my car be after the install ? Anyone know of a good speed shop in the Cleveland, Ohio area ?
hide your wallet

RETMSG 01-31-2007 10:55 PM

Contact Jim III at JDM Engineering. They have a complete kit that you can install yourself and give you all the Saleen HP you want. Install the SC yourself, and save yourself a bunch of money. If you can read and follow instructions and are good with basic hand tools, you'll have no problems. It is easier than changing an intake on an old 289, no distributor to mess with.

F00Mustang 02-02-2007 11:29 AM

I wouldn't go to the local guy by the airport for a tune. He had my car throwing codes for a year before I called elsewhere and got a canned tune to make it run right.

The guy on here with the procharger is Steve (ForensicSteve), his car runs awsome, and it was tunes at StangHi

You need to come by and see me sometime, I work at Mobile One on Clearview as the Sales Manager. If you want help on the install of a SC, PM me. I helped a buddy of mine on the westbank install the first privately owned Polished Whipple in the country, and I've been doing superchargers and performance for years. I also did all of the wrenching on my own car save for the gears, only cause I don't have the proper tools. Long tubes are really easy with this car. You can change everything from the engine back in less than a day with regards to the exhaust.

There is a place in Mobile called RWTD (Runnin with the devil) who is supposed to be really good with tuning too. He's going to be retuning my buddy's Whipple soon because he's getting long tubes put in. I'll let you know how it workes out with them, just don't get it done by anyone in New Orleans.

TASSY5 02-03-2007 12:13 AM

ORIGINAL: F00Mustang

I wouldn't go to the local guy by the airport for a tune. He had my car throwing codes for a year before I called elsewhere and got a canned tune to make it run right.

The guy on here with the procharger is Steve (ForensicSteve), his car runs awsome, and it was tunes at StangHi

You need to come by and see me sometime, I work at Mobile One on Clearview as the Sales Manager. If you want help on the install of a SC, PM me. I helped a buddy of mine on the westbank install the first privately owned Polished Whipple in the country, and I've been doing superchargers and performance for years. I also did all of the wrenching on my own car save for the gears, only cause I don't have the proper tools. Long tubes are really easy with this car. You can change everything from the engine back in less than a day with regards to the exhaust.

There is a place in Mobile called RWTD (Runnin with the devil) who is supposed to be really good with tuning too. He's going to be retuning my buddy's Whipple soon because he's getting long tubes put in. I'll let you know how it workes out with them, just don't get it done by anyone in New Orleans.

I will have to pass by and check out your ride. I might take you up on the assistance when it gets warmer on the installlation help of the exhaust system. As for the SC that is the plan this summer.
TASSY5 (aka) Sean