Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Denny's Driveshafts

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 04:29 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Default Denny's Driveshafts

Anyone have any experience/opinions on this driveshaft? The price is appealing ($540), it's only 3", uses 1350 joints, weighs 23 lbs, free replacement for life, free labor, 40% off replacement parts, company is established and been in business for 29 years. I'm just not seeing any negatives here.

Yes, there are aluminum shafts that are ~5-6 lbs lighter, but for this price, is the 5-6 lbs worth it?

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/html/ford_mustang.html
Old 02-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Denny's Driveshafts

I am thinking about going this route.....I would hate to ding an aluminum one and then use it as furniture...
Old 02-04-2007, 11:44 PM
searay2006
2nd Gear Member

Good find, we need more resorces on driveshafts I need to get one. Let me know what you come up with.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:25 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I ordered mine last tuesday or wed. and got an email saying it would be built and shipped next week due to backlog. As soon as I see an estimated delivery date from ups the old one is coming out!

I googled them and couldn't find any negatives.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:59 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Outstanding Find.

Richard
Old 02-05-2007, 01:54 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I ordered mine last tuesday or wed. and got an email saying it would be built and shipped next week due to backlog. As soon as I see an estimated delivery date from ups the old one is coming out!

I googled them and couldn't find any negatives.
I found it based on your buy. I spent an hour on Google and didn't find one negative either...and there was "a lot" of hits.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:38 AM
buddha211
2nd Gear Member

The only thing I ever get from Denny's is the Moon Over My Hammy.
...wait, that's not what we're talking about is it....
Old 02-06-2007, 11:18 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

That's a different Denny. There's a group buy for this driveshaft over at www dotmodular........fords dot com. You get free shipping.

ORIGINAL: buddha211

The only thing I ever get from Denny's is the Moon Over My Hammy.
...wait, that's not what we're talking about is it....
Old 02-06-2007, 02:19 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

Did you ask about the warranty...I know it is a lifetime or something like that, but to what HP is it rated...only stock, or is it rated for 500+????
Old 02-06-2007, 02:38 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyman

Did you ask about the warranty...I know it is a lifetime or something like that, but to what HP is it rated...only stock, or is it rated for 500+????
I asked the question and below is their response...Bottom line, you break it, they replace it. Oh yeah, and I jumped on that Group Buy, it;s a good deal!!!

Denny has specs but does not use them in advertising. He spent a lot of time and money to get them and does not want to give that info to the competitors who will most definitely use it. He feels that the horsepower to vehicle weight ratio is more important in determining strength. A 2400 pound car with 1500 hp is easier on a driveline than a 3400 pound car with a 1000. Both cars can have the same shaft but will be stressed differently. Putting a horsepower rating on a shaft and doing so across the board so to speak is not a safe way to do it. Keep in mind that the Nitrous Ready tubing is used on cars with over 2000 horsepower and the 1350 u-joints are used on the same. So 600 rwhp or more is nothing to worry about. The rear end and transmission in your car is not designed for1000 horsepower anyway. But people will do it until it breaks.

Quick Reply: Denny's Driveshafts