Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

2005 auto mustang vibration noise/ rumbling noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
ozan169
1st Gear Member

Default 2005 auto mustang vibration noise/ rumbling noise

hi ppl
i was on the way back home in a rush so i gave to stang some to get home qwick time. i was doing about 95mhp after i took my foot off the gas i herd some really bad virbration noise/ rumbling noise coming from under the car. even when i looked in the rear view mirror i could see the rear spoiler vibrating

i took the car to the garage the next day we lifed the stang up to see if any thing was hitting. we checked the exhaust system to see if it was clearing everything that was ok.

the only time the vibration would happon is at high speed and only when i would take my foot off the gas at high speed and we did check the tires are balanced and there ok as well

+im starting to think now maybe when i had a dyno run they did strap the rear of the car on the right side of the axel but im sure it cant bend it that easy. can it ?
any ideas people ??????????????????????
thanks

2005 mustang GT auto
Stoptech gt stage 2 braking system
Kenny brown strut tower brace
Bmr rear swaybar
Bmr lower rear control arms
eibach pro kit springs
Bbk airfilter kit
Bbk ceramic short headers
Magnaflow x pipe with racing cats
Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust System
Bbk 62mm twin throttle body
Moto blue under drive pulley kit
brentspeed Sct tuner
Ford racing 4.10 gears
Comp cam racing cams stage1
comp cam valve steel retainers
comp cam valve springs
Ford racing cmcv delete kit
tci torque converter 3000stall
Old 03-16-2007, 12:02 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 auto mustang vibration noise/ rumbling noise

I've been noticing a vibration upon decelerationfrom high speeds also with my5 speed. When under load or cruising there's none. I suspect it's coming from the drive shaft sinceit feels like it's coming from that area. I've never noticed the spoiler shaking so your casemay bemore severe. Ifmine gets worse I'll be bringing it in under warranty to be checked.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:15 PM
ozan169
1st Gear Member

i found out 2day that it dose is at low speed as well as high speed butwhen it dose it on high speed its really bad eveything starts shacking. im sure it's the drive shaft as well. but the noise comes and gose im thinking it mite be the bearing as well on the shaft.

when i found out what it is ill let you know
Old 03-17-2007, 10:39 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Is english a second language for you? Not slamming you, just havinga hard time reading. I was looking at you mods. You are lowered but do not list if you have adjustable controll arms. Lowering the car will create such a vibration. Not having poly bushings (which come with tubular controll arms) will allow more flex in the rear end and cause the pinion angles to get out of spec. If you have not yet, you should invest in adjustable LCA's, LCA relocation brackets,and a tubular UCA and set your pinion angle back to stock. This will also give you the needed adjustability if you decide to go with a one piece driveshaft later. You will also be very happy with the way the car will plant the rear wheels with this set up. Read up on this more in the suspension section. It has been beat to death, and rightfully so.