Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Tune for my 06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:49 PM
jmart69x
1st Gear Member

Default Tune for my 06 GT

I am planning on doing the following mods at once, and will have a Perfomance Shop do the work:

1. CAI
2. Charge Motion Control Plates
3. Underdrive Pulleys
4. Short Throw Shifter
5. SCT Xcal2 Tune

The shop tells me that they will custom tune my car based on a dyno pull. How does this compare with the canned tunes provided by Brenspeed or Bamachips? The shop is a reputable shop and they tell me that every vehicle is an individual. They tell me that it is best to do a custom tune based on the mods and individual performance as verified by a dyno pull, not a canned tune. They also tell me, and I have also read on the forums, that some canned tunes have been notoriously lean. I am not sure if they are blowing smoke, tooting their own horn, or what. The shop is Performance Autosport in Richmond, VA.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:25 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Tune for my 06 GT

First off, the Brenspeed or B ama tunes are not "canned" tunes! These are custom tunes designed for YOUR cars setup and any mods you have do to it. "canned" tunes are those preloaded on any tuner (sct or diablo) that you can load onto any car reguardless of what mods they have done.

You should be able to pick up some HP with a dyno tune since they have your car on the dyno measuring the a/f and everything else. There have been times when Brent or Doug are just spot on and get about the same as a dyno can do.

As for being lean, cant say that many people have been to lean that I know of. Most are on the rich side if anything I believe. The black residue on my stingers verifies that for me.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:22 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Tune for my 06 GT

a dyno tune will be the best. brens and bama's tunes are close and good. But all cars are different, one might like 15 degrees timing but yours might hate it. lots of factors, they do what they think is good for you stang since it was good for the stang they practice on. but don't get me wrong i like brenspeed alot but still plan on a dyno tune. Like past stangs, running lean made more rwhp but with the 05's and up, they hate it and like to be just right or a tad rich to make them fat and happy.