Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Another Clutch Pack Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Default Another Clutch Pack Question

I have have come to the realization that I qualify for the TSB for the new clutch packs, but the only problem is that I have 4.10s installed. I read that a lot of you got your install done by the dealer but mine is retarded because when I asked them how much they would charge me do do a gear swap they said they wouldn't because it would void the warranty!!I was also wondering if they would actually be able to tell what gears I have installed, and if they do would they still go ahead and fix it once everything is off. Also, is the clutch packs going bad a horrible thing, like if I dont get it fixed soon will it hurt my rear somehow I mean grant it there are about 3 more dealerships that I could take it too, but I guess I have this thing about going back to where I purchased it, idk why really. I will probably have to just try and see which one will fix it under waranty.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:20 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Another Clutch Pack Question

It's my understanding that the clutch packs aren't going bad. They just make noise when turning slow. Lots of people complained so Ford is replacing them with ones with less grip so more slip. I can't confirm nor deny, but i'm driving mine till it breaks.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:40 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Thats what I was gonna do I just didnt want to have something break apart in my rear and tear up everything. Not saying that is what would happen because I really dont know how you tell when the clutch packs are truly broken and/or what they do when/if that happens. I just dont really want to take it to the dealership right now becacuse I have a funny feeling they will freak out about my 4.10s and diff cover and say that my warranty is void.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:59 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

I would take it there anyways and act like you have no clue about it. I can't see them counting the teeth on both and dividing the number to make sure they are stock gears. What gear oil did they put in when you installed your gears? Under normal driving, i can't see the clutch packs messing up.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:36 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

I had royal purple put it with them, and I am 90% sure that it is the clutch packs cause it only happens when I turn at slower speeds. And I was pretty sure that they would notice a difference with the actually gears but when they drive it or whatever they might just deny a waranty fix, andI do have a nice shinny new diff. cover so the guys at the dealership will probably think somethings up