Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

FRONT SUSPENSION NOISE WARNING!

Old 04-28-2007, 03:30 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Default FRONT SUSPENSION NOISE WARNING!

Anyone who owns a coupe or is considering purchasing a Mustang, please read this thread first!
You could be sorry you baught one or will be. Many of us are very frustrated regarding Ford's refusal to address and correct noisy front suspension problems caused by faulty parts.
Please read this thread!
https://mustangforums.com/m_2297319/...tm.htm#3126974
Anyone with the same problem, please join this thread too!
Old 04-29-2007, 05:55 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: FRONT SUSPENSION NOISE WARNING!

Faulty parts? Did you ever determine what the parts were?

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Anyone who owns a coupe or is considering purchasing a Mustang, please read this thread first!
You could be sorry you baught one or will be. Many of us are very frustrated regarding Ford's refusal to address and correct noisy front suspension problems caused by faulty parts.
Please read this thread!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:54 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Faulty parts? Did you ever determine what the parts were?

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Please read this thread!
Hey moose! How's it been goin?
Well,Ford told mydealer a few months ago that they were working on the problem,were pretty sure they nailed it down since it seems it was bugging them too as they couldn't really pinpoint it (which sounds really strange) andthe dealer said thatthe Mustang teamsaid they are looking at adding the missing cross member to our coupes along witheither a strut assembly replacement or at least an updatedupper strut mount.
Since thenI have started receiving lip service and now they've completelybuttoned their lips!
Last week when myservice managercalled the Mustang team, they told him "quit bugging us about it, the TSB will be out when it's out".
Can you imagine the nerve of those ******? FUGGUM!
I want my car FIXED NOW!
I'm sure you can understand my frustrationnot to mentionotherswho are nerve wrecked over this.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:55 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Just a little clarity please. I read the original post and whatIread said "Eibach aftermarket strut assembly" and went on to talk about poor welding and possible breakage. What's going on that the dealer is responsible? I, fortunatley, do not have a clunking issue but am not understanding exactly what might be going on that would make this a dealer issue. Obviously something else is happening if there is an expectation of a TSB to come out. Just wanting to know cause' I am at 27,000 and if there is something else that might haunt me I will park the car until it comes out so warranty will cover it. I currently have a hell of a 29,999 mile list of things to fix under warraty.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Hi Ghost, Well your lucky to have one of the non-thunking Mustangs. I believe the recall your referring to I saw back in sept; it deals with the Roush Mustangs.Roush installed Eibach/Roush struts on their cars. Someone else mentioned that only applied to around 400 cars. The crappy struts on our cars were probably made in Japan/China. I've been told the rebound action sucks on some of the struts. I believe alot but not every Mustang has the thunking problem. Probably your one of the bigger percentage of people with a good front suspension. But myself along with many have the noise problem driving off the dealer lot brand new. Good luck with your Mustang.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:57 AM
MattD

I do have the 'thunking' noise. It almost sounds like bad ball joints.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:31 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Do a swaybar delete and the problem will go away.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:40 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Nope, anti-sway bar delete is NOT the answer. Sorry. Others have tried that already. Forget about it.
Go to this link to catch up on the latest. One possible solution just popped up at someones dealer.

https://mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=3140002

Wolfey2k