Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

what do you know about granatelli?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:15 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Default RE: what do you know about granatelli?

Adrodz,
So then elaborate what parts you have had that yoy have had problems or what customer service problems you experienced.
Or are you just slinging mud based on other peoples opinions and experience?
If so , then your statement has no value.
I have had several good parts from GMS.
I have only had problems with the COPs which they replaced for me under warranty without any problems on their customers service.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:48 PM
burnout083
1st Gear Member

well the only stuff i was really interested in was the dual strut tower brace and the fuels rails. does anyone know anything about them?
Old 05-06-2007, 07:01 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: zkiller

Adrodz,
So then elaborate what parts you have had that yoy have had problems or what customer service problems you experienced.
Or are you just slinging mud based on other peoples opinions and experience?
If so , then your statement has no value.
I have had several good parts from GMS.
I have only had problems with the COPs which they replaced for me under warranty without any problems on their customers service.
I had problems personally with their POS Coils I ended up with the stock ones again, that is my personal experience now I can elaborate lots and lots about friends of mine that have been had by their parts I got 1 that got had /w their turbo kit, a few of them that got sloppy control arms the list goes on and on and then seeing those J******** dismiss all the claims on almost every damn forum on the internet is just bad business practices IMO. Your choice to buy their parts I wont buy another part from them even if they are giving free shipping to PR.

Andrew

Andrew
Old 05-06-2007, 11:07 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: burnout083

well the only stuff i was really interested in was the dual strut tower brace and the fuels rails. does anyone know anything about them?
Its useless. It only enhances the look of the engine bay...doesnt add any real performance gains. Whats wrong with the stock fuel rails?
Old 05-08-2007, 04:31 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

I've had a lot of problems with their stuff that is STILL unresolved after FIVE MONTHS. Their intake is impressive, their rotors have a lifetime warranty, but everything else in my experience has been CRAP. JR does have a reputation for being an ***, and there is documented proof all over the forum to prove it. Their customer service is lacking, and their quality control is even worse. Here are my problems so far -

1. strut tower brace - fitment issues

2. front swaybar endlinks - issues with the shoulders of the bolts, had to mickey mouse a washer setup because they would not stay tight, even with Loctite

3. front swaybar endlinks - these are the second set they sent because the first ones arrived with torn grease boots.

4, rear swaybar - the adjustment holes are 2 different sizes, and the bolts only fit in one. the bolts are so short that they only caught 2 or 3 threads - maybe halfway through the nut.

5. Billet front sway bar mounts - they sent the wrong bushings.

of course, nothing ever comes with instructions. I know, it's not that hard, but then it's not that ****ing hard to send the right **** and have some quality control. look at the photos they show of their drop spindles - they look like an 8 year old Chinese boy welded them. there's actually a story out there of a guy that received their k-member and the packing material was shredded Chinese newspapers.

All in all, with their stuff the best advice I can give is to stay away from anything related to engine management or suspension integrity at high speeds. your warranty and even possibly your life may depend on it.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Rudiepoo1
1st Gear Member

Well summed up, I don't think they sell a thing that can't be had by another manufacturer which will end up being a better product and probably at a better price. I thought about a couple of their items and then quickly turned away once I looked into numerous issues.

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

I've had a lot of problems with their stuff that is STILL unresolved after FIVE MONTHS. Their intake is impressive, their rotors have a lifetime warranty, but everything else in my experience has been CRAP. JR does have a reputation for being an ***, and there is documented proof all over the forum to prove it. Their customer service is lacking, and their quality control is even worse. Here are my problems so far -

1. strut tower brace - fitment issues

2. front swaybar endlinks - issues with the shoulders of the bolts, had to mickey mouse a washer setup because they would not stay tight, even with Loctite

3. front swaybar endlinks - these are the second set they sent because the first ones arrived with torn grease boots.

4, rear swaybar - the adjustment holes are 2 different sizes, and the bolts only fit in one. the bolts are so short that they only caught 2 or 3 threads - maybe halfway through the nut.

5. Billet front sway bar mounts - they sent the wrong bushings.

of course, nothing ever comes with instructions. I know, it's not that hard, but then it's not that ****ing hard to send the right **** and have some quality control. look at the photos they show of their drop spindles - they look like an 8 year old Chinese boy welded them. there's actually a story out there of a guy that received their k-member and the packing material was shredded Chinese newspapers.

All in all, with their stuff the best advice I can give is to stay away from anything related to engine management or suspension integrity at high speeds. your warranty and even possibly your life may depend on it.