Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

turbo being installed as we speak

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 05:43 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: turbo being installed as we speak

Tell your builder when the issue comes up - he needs to move the MAF - it's too close and that's what's throwing it off. He'll know what I'm talking about when the time comes....
Old 05-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

fun man. i love my turbo
Old 05-17-2007, 07:35 PM
redxls
2nd Gear Member

I do not have the dyno sheet yet but it made 424TQ and 390 something RWHP. this was on a dynojet dyno with 6.5lbs. of boost on 93 octane gas.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Grabber07Orange
2nd Gear Member

please make a video...i love the sound of a TURBO....................and a SUPERCHARGER, hell ill take anything
Old 05-18-2007, 06:30 PM
redxls
2nd Gear Member

fordfanboy I just sent you a PM and an email in reference to the MAF sensor.
I have a video I did with my digital camera but I am having some format issue with it. I'll work on it. the only thing I do not like about the kit other than the install problems because my car is on 07 is the fact that the supplied BOV is not the type that makes the loud noise I like.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:13 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I answered your PM about the MAF but now that you mention the BOV - I forgot to mention that is the other piece of the GMS kit I think is lacking. I know of 3 guys who swapped to the BOV from the Procharger with good results.

If you want a truly SICK sound - swap to a blow through set-up and run a 50mm to atmosphere Tial!! Nothing beats the sound and performance of it!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:49 PM
redxls
2nd Gear Member

shoot me another PM with some more specific information. The MAF in my kit was down with the intercooler and I thought it was a blow through type. and yes I am looking for a different sound and moreof itfrom the BOV. I like that classic turbo sound when you get off the gas so I would be very interested in geting all of this sorted out in one shot. What are the pros and cons to the different types of BOV's out there.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:33 PM
redxls
2nd Gear Member

06saleen and ford fan boy. do you guyshave any pics of the location of your MAF. did you guys leave the BOV in the stock location. if we move the maf to up top with the turbo that would make it a pull through type would it not? would the BOV work correctly then or do we need to change that as well. I am strarting to get confused. most people with this kit moved the maf but everypone seems to have put it somewhere different.I am sure my tuner will figure it out but I would like to give him as much information as I can so we can get this project done.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:50 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

You have to put the Mass Air Flow as close to the TB as you can so it can read lower temperatures. If you keep it close to the turbine it will retard timing from the engine in huge #'s which in turn ='s huge losses of power.

Andrew
Old 05-22-2007, 07:36 AM
redxls
2nd Gear Member

agreed. we moved it to to tube that conects to the t-body. I am not sure why it was not there to begin with. we did not move the meter and the housing just the meter. so esentially we cut a hole in the tubing add added the meter to that piece of pipe. according to the dyno graph it works like a charm. I will know more later on today.