Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

True or false? Help me please

Old 06-19-2007, 08:43 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Default True or false? Help me please

Ok these are my first mods i have purchased and after reading for awhile ive decided not to put on the the throttle body cause i aint seen nothing good about it. IM not too sure if i bother with the helix spacer now also? Are moto blues products any good? pulleys compared to steeda or roush?

C&l 95 ml cai & sct tune
bbk 65mm TB (holding off untill i get new heads)
helix TB spacer(do i add this with my combo?or wait and ad with TB)
Ford racing cmcv delete plates(? are the steeda ones better or just more $$$)
powerdyne tune plugs
moto blue pulleys(are steedas/roush better?)
160 thermostat
canton windage tray kit( is this good bang for buck $70)
motoblue "hardcore" coil on plug kit
for racing oil filter(best oil to use with this set up?)

Does the C series cervinis side exhaust kit pretty much cancel any idea of subframes? and if yes what is something good to make up for that loss when im ready to stiffen up my car?

My car is bone stock right now, i have 3.55 gears and that is it, any ideas and info i will be very thankfull for.

P.s any idea what my Hp est would be with this set up?(c&l 95mm sct tune,FR cmcv delete plates,motoblue coil kit,powertune plugs,windaget tray,pulleys 93 oct
Old 06-19-2007, 12:56 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: True or false? Help me please

ORIGINAL: pignprogress

Ok these are my first mods i have purchased and after reading for awhile ive decided not to put on the the throttle body cause i aint seen nothing good about it. IM not too sure if i bother with the helix spacer now also? Are moto blues products any good? pulleys compared to steeda or roush?

C&l 95 ml cai & sct (combo from Brenpeed or B ama)
bbk 65mm TB (holding off untill i get new heads) (wait until you get the heads, GT500 is best choice of TB)
helix TB spacer(do i add this with my combo?or wait and ad with TB) (comes with GT500 kit from JDM, otherwise pretty useless)
Ford racing cmcv delete plates(? are the steeda ones better or just more $$$) (good mod with proper tune from vendors mentioned above)
powerdyne tune plugs (never heard of them but leave stock unless you need colder plugs)
moto blue pulleys(are steedas/roush better?) (should be the same)
160 thermostat (dont know why you need it really)
canton windage tray kit( is this good bang for buck $70) (same as above)
motoblue "hardcore" coil on plug kit (not worth it IMO)
for racing oil filter(best oil to use with this set up?) (mobil one, K&N, or even the motorcraft are all pretty good)

Does the C series cervinis side exhaust kit pretty much cancel any idea of subframes? and if yes what is something good to make up for that loss when im ready to stiffen up my car?

My car is bone stock right now, i have 3.55 gears and that is it, any ideas and info i will be very thankfull for.

P.s any idea what my Hp est would be with this set up?(c&l 95mm sct tune,FR cmcv delete plates,motoblue coil kit,powertune plugs,windaget tray,pulleys 93 oct
Old 06-19-2007, 04:14 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

C&l 95 ml cai & sct tune (GOOD!)
bbk 65mm TB (FORGET IT)
helix TB spacer (FORGET IT)
Ford racing cmcv delete plates (STEEDA OR FORD RACING...EXACT SAME PRODUCT...STEEDA JUST MORE $$)
powerdyne tune plugs (WAIT TIL MORE SERIOUS MODS)
moto blue pulleys (I think Moto has a alternator puller...I'd go Roush or Steeda (same thing) so you can use the Water Pump instead...still runs just fine...)
160 thermostat (WORTHLESS)
canton windage tray kit (???)
motoblue "hardcore" coil on plug kit (FORGET IT)
for racing oil filter (USE ROYAL PURPLE OIL)

If you are looking for bolt-ons alone...then here are the 5 things to do to these cars...anything else is useless unless you've got serious mods...

Underdrive Pullies
CAI
Tune
Charge Motion Plates
Exhaust

Thats it! Everything else is useless at this point in time...maybe in the future there will be more products in the market...but for now, there isnt...

Old 06-19-2007, 05:55 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

sweet thanks for the info guys. What web sites do you guys recomend getting your products from. some of the stuff i listed was from the rpmoutlet.com........ think thats what it is. i noticed there stuff was a lil bit cheaper then most places.

for the guy who didnt know or havent heared ofsome of the mods you can see them at that site, rpmoutlet.com

the power tune plugs and windage tray.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

https://mustangforums.com/m_2843843/tm.htm
Old 06-19-2007, 08:59 PM
chp2150
1st Gear Member

Long ago in business I learned that people WANT 3 things: 1-Service, 2-Low Price, 3-Quality Product. They will RECEIVE 2 out of the 3. Pick which 2 you want. Then, don't complain about the 1 item you left out. These pages are full of Mustang owners who were shopping for the best price for a brand name product usually via mail order. They got the price for the brand name product, but in their quest for saving a few dollars, they get hosed on the service end. Would you like to pay $20 more for a product and be assured that the vendor will actually send the product or "save" the money and have to deal with credit card companies, nasty phone calls, wait for e-mails to be answered etc. Time is the most valuable quantity you have. Once it is wasted you can never get it back. For $20 dollars more, you can be out enjoying the product you bought and installed on your car, or spend hours on the phone trying to solve a shipment or billing problem. The choice is yours to make. (see the above link supplied by the other poster)
Old 06-19-2007, 11:11 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

lol shiiiiit u guys got me freaked pout about them now, I tried to call and cancel my order but they told me it was sent out by noon today. I am going to send some of the stuff back and use a diff place, aprecciate the help guys [:@]
Old 06-20-2007, 03:59 AM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

well what did you order? some of what you've ordered should be ok. I prefer ordering from Brenspeed because he'll modify the tune for the item you bought for free. However, B ama will modify his tunes for free anyway. The motoblue pullies are fine. They don't send an alt pulley, its a tensioner pulley which you might as well put on just to keep the tension up. The harmonic balancer is the same for basically every brand, as long as it says it's SFI approved. As for the delete plates, FR and Steeda's economy are the same, even the price. I wish I bought my pair when they were only 90 bucks.

Anyway, if you ordered a tuner, don't use their canned tunes. I mean if you want to use it temporarily thats one thing, but find a local dyno tuner or give Brent or Doug a call.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:52 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BillyBobJoe

well what did you order? some of what you've ordered should be ok. I prefer ordering from Brenspeed because he'll modify the tune for the item you bought for free. However, B ama will modify his tunes for free anyway. The motoblue pullies are fine. They don't send an alt pulley, its a tensioner pulley which you might as well put on just to keep the tension up. The harmonic balancer is the same for basically every brand, as long as it says it's SFI approved. As for the delete plates, FR and Steeda's economy are the same, even the price. I wish I bought my pair when they were only 90 bucks.

Anyway, if you ordered a tuner, don't use their canned tunes. I mean if you want to use it temporarily thats one thing, but find a local dyno tuner or give Brent or Doug a call.
thanks by the looks of it im gona go with Brenspeed, seems to be the fan fav around here. There is also a good dyno shop about 20 min away from me called VMP tuning in debary, Fla. Is it worth it to take it to the dyno once i get my x-pipe, magnoflow side pipes and jba long tubes? will the dnyo get that much more hp then the brenspeed tune?

this is what i got:
c&l 95 mm sct tuner(going to return tuner to get xcaliber)
Fr charge delete plates
windage oil tray(read a good upgragde once supercharged, in due time so bought it now)
pulleys
coil on plug kit(read was good 4 supercharged also)
power tune plugs(sounds like i dont need them so i may return)
bbk TB(sending back, )
helix spacer(sending back)

I will be leaving my car like this, maybe get 4 10 gears i have 3 55 nowuntill the end of the year then purchasing a KB blower. I plan on upgrading asalmosteverything on the car so any advice of stuff i can buy now that will also be benificul once im blown would be sweet. plan on gettin the heads before i blow it too.

Im not a gear head at all, i can do a basic oil change if im lucky so the advice is def apreciated thanks alot guys keep the info coming.

P.s also if somebody could tell me if its the stock throttle body when u supercharge it or does all that stuff come with the kit.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:14 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I would hold off on gears until you get your blower. Some MFers with blown motors say that 4.10s are too low with that much power.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: True or false? Help me please