Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Question about a Kenny Bell SC

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:17 AM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

Default Question about a Kenny Bell SC

I am planning on adding a SC to the car in the next few weeks.
My local tun shop which works with SC's said that the KB is in their opinion the best out there for the 07 GT. (although they reccomended Vortec and Paxton) But for a daily driver and still being able to drive from Louisiana to Fla. Etc. Kenny Bell is the Better unit for the car with the most potential for later modding.

Question: in adding a SC, do I need Headers over stock units?
I plan on a Cervini's elenore body kit so how is the side exhaust for flow . Andthe stock gearing is 3.55,, is this a good gear for a SC.

They had a automatic Stock on the Dyno yesterday with a CAT BACK exhaust (magnaflow) otherwise stock with a Vortec running 406 RWHon the dyno. is that a good number for me to think of?

Any help is appreciated.
I am an old Nitrous Guy from the Late 80's -90's Carburator style GT's
But in this new error I want to have the power all the time.

TASSY5
Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 PM
firemanken

Default RE: Question about a Kenny Bell SC

I just hada Vortech non-intercooler supercharge installedlast week. I have an auto tranny and 4.10 gears. It runs very well. The place that installed the supercharger also does KB, and Paxton. I told them the car would probably never go to the strip mainly because it is a vert. I told them I just wanted to have a little more fun. I was told before the install that the Vortech has more of a gradual increase in HP and TQ where the KB has more low end. I like it because it is very driveable during normal driving and very fast when you punch it. My car dynoed at 401 rwhp and 371 rwtq.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:46 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I have the KB and it has been trouble-free since day one.
Your stock exhaust is fine. The stock exhaust is 2.5" mandrel bent. Kenne Bell tested the exhaust and found no noticable gain by adding long tube headers with their kit. They did find horspower gains by running an off-road X-pipe (no cats) good for 20 HP. The KB is a great blower for street or strip. The ability to have the power all the time will be a big change from your old nitrous days (I have a nitrous kit on my fox).
I run 11 PSI and get around 480 RWHP (on a safe tune) which is plenty for me.
The stock 3.55 gear will be very good combo with the blower. I highly recommend that you install the blower and run the stock gear first and then decide if you want 3.73 or 4.10 gears.
I run 3.73 and it is a very good combo for the street/strip. I can stay in 4th gear through the traps. The 4.10 or 4.33 wouldbe too much for my own needs.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I just had the Paxton setup from Brenspeed installed a few weeks ago and have been extremely impressed. Any of the options will give you great power but I went with the Paxton as mine is a daily driver and easy to drive around but when you want to have some fun you just nail it and the power is there. I run 3.73's and given my current power levels (see sig below) wouldn't want much more gear than that. Also run the stock exhaust as well. Good luck as I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of them to be honest.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TASSY5

I am planning on adding a SC to the car in the next few weeks.
My local tun shop which works with SC's said that the KB is in their opinion the best out there for the 07 GT. (although they reccomended Vortec and Paxton) But for a daily driver and still being able to drive from Louisiana to Fla. Etc. Kenny Bell is the Better unit for the car with the most potential for later modding.

Question: in adding a SC, do I need Headers over stock units?
I plan on a Cervini's elenore body kit so how is the side exhaust for flow . Andthe stock gearing is 3.55,, is this a good gear for a SC.

They had a automatic Stock on the Dyno yesterday with a CAT BACK exhaust (magnaflow) otherwise stock with a Vortec running 406 RWHon the dyno. is that a good number for me to think of?

Any help is appreciated.
I am an old Nitrous Guy from the Late 80's -90's Carburator style GT's
But in this new error I want to have the power all the time.

TASSY5
sorry, i had to...you mean era.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

What shop are you using? I'm just curious because I'm in New Orleans and haven't decided on a shop to do my SC install yet. (Should I decide not to tackle the job myself)
Old 08-19-2007, 07:13 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

Across the lake in Covington Bill Tripoli who has been a Mustang guy for so long I forgetwhen he started. He used to own Midas on Airline at Transcontinental.
Here is his shop number and tell him Sean that had the fastthe Black 85 GT
recommended you to them. Go check out the shop and see what they can do for you. Ph#504-329-8271