Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

New member and supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:16 PM
bbford

Default New member and supercharger

Hello, I'm a new member. Below are some things I'm doing now.
I'm in the process of building a 2008 Mustang GT conv. I wish I had found this forum before I started making decisions on what to do to the car. I run a small Ford dealership in Barnwell, SC. It's my fathers, but he is retiring in a couple of years. He was never into fast cars, so he'd never put superchargers or many aftermarket products in all his years of Ford dealing. More interested in selling cars, my father now sees howcustomizing helps sell cars, so he lets me run with whatever I want to dowhen itcomes tocustomizing lot vehicles.

We did our first supercharger install on a 2007 Mustang GT convertible about a yearand a half ago.Since then we've done around 10 supercharger jobs.I'veused Saleen superchargers on every application.I take my hat of to Saleen. They havebeen the best company to work with.I can't stress howhelpful and prompt they have been.I also want to give credit to Ronaele and JDM with some of my customjobs. www.roanele.net. I also used the WMS racing intake on some saleen applications. That is the best looking setup I've ever seen. The saleen supercharger with the WMS racing intake is a sight to see. Awesome.

I thinkI might buy this mustang we are working on now. Eitherway, I'm bringing it home to its own garage.I've worked with saleen and Jim at JDM to come up with what I believe is a 550hp set up. On all my other saleen charger installs, I did the standard 400hp seting in order to keep warranty on car. I'm going to throw out the warrany(The factory warranty still covers everything not related to the powertrain) away.

Setup:
2008 Ford Mustang GT convertible manual
black on black
Factory Navigation (new for 08)
Ambient lighting (new for 08)
OEM Hid headlights (new for 08)
Sat radio
255/35ZR20 front 285/30ZR 20 rear BFGoods
3.73 or 4.10 (need help. read lots of different opinions. I'm leaning toward 4.10. I won't be doing interstate driving, unless the pedal is to the metal) Maybe someone has the same set up as mine and could tell me.
Saleen blower
JDM complete cold air intake and 480rwhp
39lb injectors
upgraded spark plugs
fuel pump upgrade
Cervinis c-series convertible package
JBA long tube ceramic coated headers w/high flow cats
JL audio Stealth box w/13w6 & JL 500 monoblock amp
Painted tri-coat, silver finish strips and GT500 side stripes
GT500 snakes and badge
Convertible style bar

This will be the fastest mustang I have built yet. All of my customers I've done the stardard 400hp saleen setup are waiting to see how this mustang turns out considering they will be voiding their warranties. I honestly like the look of the wms intake better with the charger, but power is what I'm looking for.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum.

I want more power all the time.
I will always use the saleen as my supercharger due to my relationship with a couple of their employees, but I would love how to get the most power out of the 4.6 3v teamed up with the saleen blower. If I end up buying this one, I want to do everything possible to the mustang and keep it mechanically stable with a little abuse.

I'll be doing another 08 mustang soon.I have a couple of superchargers in the parts room now left over from a bulk order. Tomorrow, we will be starting the installation of a f150 saleen blower. Does anyone know anything about getting more power out of the f150 blower setup? It will be put on a 08 crewcab fx2 with navigation, 22inch shelby razor six chrome wheels, moonroof, leather, and dual exhaust.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:42 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New member and supercharger

Everything sounds good but don't put on GT500 anything. I don't like poser cars.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:56 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

No badging!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forum, gotta
love the saleen s/c's

Old 09-24-2007, 01:28 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Sounds like it will be a great car but dont ruin it by adding "wannabe" badges to the GT.
Keep it real..
I smoked 3 GT500 Shelbys at the track yesterday and my car proudly displays the "GT" emblem! Those guys were kind of quiet when my lowly GT beat them.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

no GT500 badges. if you want, you can shave the GT emblems so you have no badging. or i saw a guy that replaced all of his badging with 4.6 3V badgine, which looked cool. don't be a poseur... if it isn't a snake, it shouldn't have snake badges.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:40 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

just build it as a tribute to the supersnake, then
you can put all the badging ya want on it

i'm building a cobra tribute it's my way
of saying thanks to the svt crew.....
Old 09-24-2007, 08:08 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

TRIBUTE=CLONE=WANNABE=POSER

That is the same lame thing as slapping 427 L-88 emblems on a small block Vette
That is like putting 428 cobra jet emblems on youir 351 Cleveland Mach1 ..it is lame.

If you dont have a real Cobra with Cobra powerplant - dont put the emblems on. I dont care if your supoercharged or not.
I can actually smoke a GT500 in my GT but I would still not add a Cobra emblem to my car as a "tribute".
That is why people who "want to be" put on emblems that should not be there to pose as a Cobra owner.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:15 AM
zoomerman46
1st Gear Member

Gee's I'm running pretty much the same setup as you are. 05GT 5sp, Saleen S/Cwith 3.6 pulley, 39lb injectors and 90 mm wmsracing cai. Had it tuned locally but an SCT expert tuner here in Connecticut,punched out 430 rwhp 430 torque at 6200rpm on a Mustang dyno.I too love the looks and design of the wmsracing,had that first that's one of the reasons I went with the Saleen ,fits nice and looks great.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15603/BF5984272BA249F1A130B44216EB23EE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-30-2007, 09:47 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Welcome! and badges on a car are no different than changing anything on a GT with any other aftermarket parts IMO. Whether it is for appearance or performance....this has been debated for many threads and is getting old. Everyone has their own opinions and will voice them on here regardless if it is right or not. Take care J

Quick Reply: New member and supercharger