Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Whoa!! I gotta be careful.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Default Whoa!! I gotta be careful.....

I have the Bama 93 torque tune loaded onto my car......and whoa.

I have been getting a little braver and braver....in matter of fact...you could say I have been getting down right cocky. Well I am here to tell you, don't play with the car unless you know exactly what you are doing.......

I did a little session this weekend that scared me to death!!!!!! I have never had a car whip around so fast and turn sideways and lay down so much rubber! My heart was beating so fast, I thought I had done bought an American Electric telephone pole..............

Some people at the hospital saw me......and told me I looked "like I was some kind of stunt driver"......I tried to play it cool and acted like I knew what I was doing....."oh yeah....i do that all the time....". Yeah right!!! I definitely caught my own attention.....I gotta simmer down or I am going to hurt the Skunkster!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:23 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Whoa!! I gotta be careful.....

feels pretty good doesnt it.......then you realize you pissed your pants!!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

The only answer for that.......is more power!

sorry it's an addiction, no cure either!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I gotta be honest here.......unless I took some driving courses.....I don't think I could handle any more power!!!!!! And yes....after the intial "scared to death" feeling wore off...I wondered if I would need to change my pants!
Old 10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Keep that in mind when the roads are wet.......
[/align]
Old 10-08-2007, 11:52 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Yeah the torque tune is much more responsive in the low end than the performance tune.

I started with the torque, kept it for a while. Tried the performance for half an hour, changed to Race and never looked back.

Those tunes sure wake up the autos.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:00 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

...changed to Race and never looked back.
+1
Old 10-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ur not supposed to cover your eyes before stepping on the gas.....................just becareful and before you know that seat of the pants feeling wont be as much and you'll be installing gears and a whipple
Old 10-09-2007, 11:00 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Oh yeah!!! Whipple FTW!!!!! Woo hoo!!!I want to be a "Whipple Girl" some day!!!!!!!! [sm=Awwww.gif]
Old 10-10-2007, 02:26 AM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

Speaking of wet roads, the roads in the Philly area on Tuesday afternoon, yesterday, were filled with water as we got a sudden downpour out of nowhere...I could hardly see the road and visibility was bad.

I thought my life was over when I lost control of my car on Interstate 95 headed to work. I was getting onto the interstate from an on-ramp and a white truck next to me coming from another on-ramp started coming over towards me and I moved the steering wheel a little to the left,BUT I f'd up and hit the gas hard and that's where everything went wrong. I first swerved to the right and ITRIED LIKE HELL to correct the steering but it was tooooooo late...It felt like my car was skating on water...I lost ALL control of my car...I was screwed...I did a 180 to the left direction andheaded backwards (the wrong f'ing way) towards oncoming traffic. As I was headed the wrong way in traffic with rain coming down in buckets, I thought I was getting ready to say goodbye to my Mustang. I was like "it's over man"....the whole sequence was all happening in slow-motion yet it all happened in an instant. All I could see were a lot of vehicles headed towards me. And ALL I remember seeing was a minivan in a lane to my right. All the other vehicles looked the same to me. My car came to a stop and I was in the middle of a 5 lane highway. I never even thought about getting injured or killed until I came to a stop. I experienced a sudden rush of adrenaline or something. I thought to myself while the whole sequence was happening..."damn this is fun...but at the same time, it's not fun because this is my car and I'm about to get it totalled." I don't know HOW I turned my car around towards the right direction, but I DID. I don't really remember. I don't even know if I looked to see if it was ok to turn...but I think the oncoming traffic saw me parked there and slowed down a little so they could avoid hitting me. **I'd like to know what the oncoming vehicles thought of me sitting there. I'm sure they thought I was some kind of jack-@ss.** I JUST remember whipping my car around quickly and coming to a stop on the far left side of the highway RIGHT by the median guardrail dividing the southbound side of 95 from the northbound lanes which I was in. My car was half-assed parked slanted on the side of the road with my passenger side bumper sticking out into the nearest lane. I was all scared sh!tless and kept trying to start my car but it wouldn't start right away. It would NOT start. I dunno what the heck I did...flooded it? Well, my car finally started and I SLOWLY got up to a speed and turned onto 95 and made it to work allright. I looked over my car and it looks allright. I can NOT believe how I did not hit one thing. I feel so UNBELIEVABLY lucky and thankful. While sitting at my desk at work, I thought to myself..."Man I'm lucky to be alive man." It took me about an hour or so to stop my heart from racing...I got a sudden headache as well. AND to top it off, our computer system was down at work so I didn't have to do ANY work and I still got paid my full 8 hours. The possible day from hell turned into a real blessing. It's good to be alive. I HAVE to drive more carefully so I can continue to read everyone's posts on here...So everyone out there have fun but be safe! Life is already too damn short so there's no need to make it any shorter.

Quick Reply: Whoa!! I gotta be careful.....