MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions-69/)
-   -   Car Acting Crazy (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions/383313-car-acting-crazy.html)

TopBanana 12-17-2007 09:09 PM

Car Acting Crazy

Car Acting Crazy

I have a 05 Mustang GT, intake and exhaust done. I had an accident and my engine had to be taken out of the bay and sat in a dirty room for a few days while I got my axel replaced. I got my car back and had no problems for a few weeks and over time (last few months) my car has started to act crazier and crazier.

But now when I start my car in the morning it runs horribly, it has this weird bogging noise and if I put the peddle down hard the bogging gets very loud then back fires once or twice then the car runs normally. Some times I could be accelerating slowly and then I get the same bogging noise (around 3,000 to 4,500 RMP), I change gears and the noise is gone, I keep accelerating up to 3,500 RMP (give or take) the noise comes back. But just like that it is gone. Finally, I could be stopped with no problem then my car starts to vibrate like some sex toy. The RMP drop drastically and then after about two min of crazy RMP jumps the RMP flys to about 1,200 and the car is back to normal.:(

[sm=wtf.gif]PLEASE any ideas or knowledge about this would greatly help me. Thank you in advanced

acascianelli 12-18-2007 03:47 PM

RE: Car Acting Crazy

Were you running a tune? If so, try reflashing the tune to the car.

TopBanana 12-18-2007 07:37 PM

This started happening before my tune, I thought it was a tune problem(like problem with stock tune) so I got a diablo preditor and and tuned it. The problem acted the same but a few days ago I turned off the O2 sensors and the problem has lighten up. It still does the same thing but now it does not do it for so long or so bad.

howarmat 12-18-2007 08:25 PM

take the TB off, then see what happens

TopBanana 12-19-2007 06:36 AM

ORIGINAL: howarmat

take the TB off, then see what happens
What do you mean by the "TB"?

howarmat 12-19-2007 10:44 AM

throttle body

exx1976 12-19-2007 12:12 PM

I don't have a BBK TB, but everything I've read about them on here says they are very problematic (hence the reason I don't have one)..

Good luck, and be sure to let us know what it was!!

TopBanana 12-19-2007 12:18 PM

So howarmat you want me to take the throttle body off and re install or what??? I am sure if i turn on the engine it will just flood with air and RMP will sky rocket or car will turn off.

howarmat 12-19-2007 01:28 PM

no, i want you to put the stock TB back on and see if you have problems:eek:

TDC71 12-21-2007 11:53 AM

Sounds like an intermittent ft o2 problem. Had that happen on my vehicle. No codes? Than you will either have to wait til it codes or bite the bullet and replace both ft O2's since you dont have a good starting point.