Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

ATI vs PAXTON

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:20 PM
07 S197
2nd Gear Member

Default ATI vs PAXTON

Well im looking into getting a procharger here soon. (Paxton from Brenspeed-ATI form blowbyracing).I like the paxton and the ati kit, both are intercooled. Why is it that the ati kit is about a grand more than paxton. But paxton claims more whp than what the ati claims. From brenspeed the paxton also comes with a KB boost-a-pump. From videos the ati kit sounds alot better with the loud whine at idle. Are both kits able to run safely on the stock fuel system/bottem end? Or would they be pushing the limits? Both brands seem to have a good reputation, but as far as performance/price it seems like the paxton would be a better bang for the buck. Yet you can get the ATI race kit with the f-1a unit for 300 more and that comewith the race intercooler. But would this kit put out way too much for the stock fuel/engine.So what are you guys thoughts on this and which would be the most reliable kit?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:25 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ATI vs PAXTON

I dig Brenspeed, so I will be ordering the Paxton kit from them, and getting a Livernois rotating assembly or shortblock.......mmmm
Old 12-19-2007, 11:58 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

The Procharger has its own oiling system unlike the paxtonyou have todrill a hole in the oil pan.I like the loudness of the Procharger and own oiling system. By the way centrifugals do not whine, they whistle at ide.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:04 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

I had a Procharger P1SC before I went turbo recently. It was wonderful. Zero problems and it did make a loud sort of jet enginewhistle. The car ran high 11s with just DRs, everything else stock including block. Think I was at 480 rwhp.It came with 39 lb injectors and a piggyback pump as fuel upgrades. Sold it recently for $2500. The new owner already has a 12.2 quarter on street tires with it. Excellent gas mileage too. Went on an 800 mile roadtrip and returned 24.9 mpg.

Don't know anything about Paxton, so cannot compare.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:36 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I defiently agree with the procharger sounding like a jet! There is a guy in my mustang club, not sure the boost he is running but he dynoed 510rwhp, on an otherwise stock GT. It is defiently LOUD. As for the paxton, that is the kit I am going to get from brenspeed, it is a great complete package. Either way you would be super happy!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:56 AM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Its a toss-up my friend....I'd go pro.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Both are great. I went the Paxton route from Brenspeed. No issues and making great power. I didn't mind tapping the oilpan as my blower is pretty much serviced everytime I change my oil but some don't like that. Just my opinion though.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:53 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

The ProCharger HO kit for our Mustangs, part# 1FP214, comes with a 3 row intercooler, a second fuel pump, and larger 39.5lb injectors, and Diablo tuner. You cannot get by with the stock fuel system with this set-up.Everything necessary down to the bolts are included with that kit. I dont know what pricing you are looking at, but beware when purchasing. Some places willadvertise akit that comes without pump, injectors, or a tuner, just to show a low price. I'm sure all brands are not immune to this marketing tactic. I could sell the complete kit for about $4950 plus shipping.Ive seen ads saying "starting at $2495" I know according to my price guide, there is NO WAY you could get a complete kit for the S197 Mustangs for that price. Some other cars are cheaper, others are more (Hemi kits are WAAAY more). I know a local Mustang guy here bought a ProCharger for his V6. He didnt get it from me because he was chasing the advertised prices. He ended up not getting everything to install, and had to bitch and moan to the place he bought it to get it all, and put out some more $$ to get it. They were not correctly wording their advertisment. And, sorry, I dont remember who it was. I'm sure he thought it wasnt really worth the extra headache to save a few bucks. His car was down for 3 wks trying to get it all installed.
The advertised power output for this kit is 540hp. What you end up with depends on the final tuning on a dyno. My sig shows my car with only exhaust modifications through an auto, on ProChargers Mustang dyno. They did my tuning free so they could get some experience on the automatic cars.

No matter which one you choose, you will LOVE the extra power. And will feel the money spent was worth it.
So enjoy!
[sm=gears.gif]
Old 12-20-2007, 12:16 PM
07 S197
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SCCAGT

The ProCharger HO kit for our Mustangs, part# 1FP214, comes with a 3 row intercooler, a second fuel pump, and larger 39.5lb injectors, and Diablo tuner. You cannot get by with the stock fuel system with this set-up.Everything necessary down to the bolts are included with that kit. I dont know what pricing you are looking at, but beware when purchasing. Some places willadvertise akit that comes without pump, injectors, or a tuner, just to show a low price. I'm sure all brands are not immune to this marketing tactic. I could sell the complete kit for about $4950 plus shipping.Ive seen ads saying "starting at $2495" I know according to my price guide, there is NO WAY you could get a complete kit for the S197 Mustangs for that price. Some other cars are cheaper, others are more (Hemi kits are WAAAY more). I know a local Mustang guy here bought a ProCharger for his V6. He didnt get it from me because he was chasing the advertised prices. He ended up not getting everything to install, and had to bitch and moan to the place he bought it to get it all, and put out some more $$ to get it. They were not correctly wording their advertisment. And, sorry, I dont remember who it was. I'm sure he thought it wasnt really worth the extra headache to save a few bucks. His car was down for 3 wks trying to get it all installed.
The advertised power output for this kit is 540hp. What you end up with depends on the final tuning on a dyno. My sig shows my car with only exhaust modifications through an auto, on ProChargers Mustang dyno. They did my tuning free so they could get some experience on the automatic cars.

No matter which one you choose, you will LOVE the extra power. And will feel the money spent was worth it.
So enjoy!
[sm=gears.gif]
from brenspeed the novi was around 4800 and from blowbyracing the ati was around 5800. What i was referring to about stock fuel system was the stock intank pump, lines and also the rails. I didnt know the ati kit comes with a second pump, so thats cool. I knew both came wil injectors and tuners. So if you can sella newcomplete ATI kit for 4950 without shipping that is a steal compared to BBR. let me know...thanks
Old 12-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

The kit from Brenspeed includes everything...BA pump, plugs, injectors and tune for a bit under $4800. If you own the SCT then he'll subtract that from the price as well. Basically everything you need to make 450-480rwhp for $4800. Add in their customer service and it's a great buy!

Quick Reply: ATI vs PAXTON