Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

frpp bearing kit

Old 03-05-2008, 12:25 PM
00silverStang
2nd Gear Member

Default frpp bearing kit

So im finally about to pull the trigger on the frpp 4.10's at american muscle. However they only sell the motive bearings kits. Where can i go to find the frpp bearing kit, and do i need the installation kit or the whole master bearing kit, or both? I have 17,500 miles so id rather just replace everything in the diff. to avoid problems down the road. Also will i need to get gear oil or will it come with one of the kits.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:34 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: frpp bearing kit

The FRPP install kit is available at several locations, this is where I ended up getting mine...I did the complete kit. For a 40 or so dollar difference, it was not worth the concern for me....

http://romisher.tzo.com:8006/frparts...partstype=REAR

I also purchased the gears and FRPP Racing Girdle from them as well. As far as the gear oil, it does not come with the kit. It is a personal preference type of thing. I personally went with Royal Purple gear oil from Brenspeed.

You will love the 4.10's......

Mike
Old 03-05-2008, 02:08 PM
00silverStang
2nd Gear Member

so what would i need on there, the B installation kit? that would be the equivalent of the motive master bearing kit?
Old 03-05-2008, 02:11 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Yes, the B install kit is what I went with. Includes everything from the A kit, plus.....I don't know if that is equivalent to the motive kit, since I did not consider it.....

Old 03-05-2008, 04:53 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

It was my experience that vehicles under 60k miles only needed the basic install kit, plus an inner pinion bearing and race which canbe found at any Ford dealer. I think I picked my FRPP install kit up at Summit IIRC.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:38 PM
00silverStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

The FRPP install kit is available at several locations, this is where I ended up getting mine...I did the complete kit. For a 40 or so dollar difference, it was not worth the concern for me....

I also purchased the gears and FRPP Racing Girdle from them as well. As far as the gear oil, it does not come with the kit. It is a personal preference type of thing. I personally went with Royal Purple gear oil from Brenspeed.

Mike
Do you have a link to the frpp girlde, thats the one where you dont need the adjustable panhard bar correct?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 PM
00silverStang
2nd Gear Member

One more thing, is the stud kit really needed? part # M-4034-A ?
Old 03-07-2008, 08:54 PM
trek757
1st Gear Member

Am. Muscle sent me the Motive bearing/install kit with my FRPP gears. That should work right? I hope? I never questioned it since Motive makes the FRPP gears I just figured AM. Muscle knew what they were sending and it was cool. I've had mine longer than the 30 day refund policywaiting on my installer and the bucks for the labor.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:45 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 00silverStang

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Mike
Do you have a link to the frpp girlde, thats the one where you dont need the adjustable panhard bar correct?
Sorry, did not see the post. Here is a link to where I bought the Girdle. Like the 10th item down...You are correct. Fits with no panhard bar change....

Pic shows what it looks like.

Mike

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/034422D948704C9ABED6DEF16B5C0C6B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-10-2008, 11:01 PM
00silverStang
2nd Gear Member

thanks! what i was lookin for!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: frpp bearing kit