Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

New Brenspeed NSR Cam

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 03:18 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New Brenspeed NSR Cam

CaseAce, I had the cams installed in Feb. and was really pleased with the results, the cams don't have the big lope everyone seems to want but they do have a distinct sound difference. The gains and dyno are available for my car on their site, just click on customers cars and mine is the one at the top. My car pulls like crazy in 4th now, not to say it didn't before, but it is definetly better. I think for the money, it was well worth it for me. If you have trouble reading the dyno just click on the 125% at the bottom.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:58 PM
case ace
1st Gear Member

Phatphil, I don't see it there. Please tell me the difference the cams alone made on yor car.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:13 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

I'm forced induction and it made 26 rwhp, 493 rwhp total. My car is the first one on his customer site, it starts out with Saleen S/C'd 580 h.p. The cams really kick in at higher rpm's, for the money I thought it was a good gain.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:23 PM
case ace
1st Gear Member

Well aj, did you get the cam done? How did it turn out, and what were the dyno numbers before and after????????????????
Old 04-03-2008, 08:24 AM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

I am interested how it turned out too
Old 04-03-2008, 11:54 AM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

Got them done yesterday... Unfortunately Brenspeeds dyno broke the day before and they were still waiting for parts... I had a before and after scheduled and couldn't get them....

It's safe to say, it's well worth every penny of it. I got the delete plates done at the same time and was out the door for around 1200 bucks.

I'd compare the seat feel to doing a CAI and tune... but a little more...

It's got a nice little bit of gurgle to the idle now... A little shake in your seat when you're sitting at a light....

It seems like a minor difference in just off idle up to about 2700RPM then it starts to pull very hard from there up.... I hit that hard pulling mark really quick with the 4.10 gear so I'm really happy with it overall...

I'd recommend it to anyone that has been wondering if they should do it...

If anyone has any questions about it at all, feel free to ask me... I'll take it back down there in the next couple weeks for a dyno run...
Old 04-03-2008, 08:37 PM
case ace
1st Gear Member

How much was it for just the cam and installation?
And just how bad does it "shake" at idle?
How much did it change the sound?
How long did it take them for just the cam part of the install?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:49 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

Glad to hear your install went well & you're pleased with the seat-of-pants result.
You'll have to post your dyno #'s when you get a chance. Do you have baseline #'s?
One thing that I noticed on the dynos of the 2 installed in Feb, was that the power kept on climbing all the way to redline, no dropping off after 5K or so like mine does with the stock cams. There is still alot of untapped potential there.
Hope my friend doesn't mind, here's his dyno sheet that compares his before & after.
Items added between , Stock 17" wheels on the after( 18" before) OBX LT's, delete plates,aluminum D/S & NSR cams.
Net gains from the above items 37HP, 17TQ Just realize, the combo of the above items netted the gains, not just the cams. His cars an auto.
It took Dave about 3-4Hrs to install a set of cams.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47772/FDF2A7FFE9B64C55AD2E875BC9D2E701.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-04-2008, 07:56 AM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: case ace

How much was it for just the cam and installation?
And just how bad does it "shake" at idle?
How much did it change the sound?
How long did it take them for just the cam part of the install?
I want to say the cam part was just under 1000... So the delete plates were around 200 installed... The install of the delete plates was maybe an hour of it at most...

As for the idle shake, it's not severe or anything.. but you can tell its there when you're sitting at a light... I love that part of it personally...

Sound, hmm.. Hard to say if and at what RPM's its change the sound... It's a little more throaty... Wouldn't say its louder but its got a little different sound to it...
Old 04-07-2008, 10:44 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Below 2700 does it still make more power? Is there a power loss anywhere that you can feel? Also do you see any downsides?
Thanks, Scott

Quick Reply: New Brenspeed NSR Cam