MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions-69/)
-   -   2006 GT Seeking 500+HP For Son's War Pony!!!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions/422053-2006-gt-seeking-500-hp-for-sons-war-pony.html)

moosestang 03-20-2008 03:54 PM

RE: 2006 GT Seeking 500+HP For Son's War Pony!!!!

I don't see where the guy said 500rwhp. The whipple HO is rated at 500+hp (crank) and many people are running them on their daily drivers. That's the route I would go and I did.;) My stock clutch has lasted 6k miles and will probably last many more if I don't take it to the track. I'm replacing my clutch just to be on the safe side.

BFMacias 03-20-2008 03:58 PM

Depending on who you call you might be able to get a military discount. I know Amp Performance can help you out with that. Happy hunting but don't get into a big hurry and just start buying stuff. RESEARCH is the key and should not be underestimated otherwise you just might buy unecessary mods or bad ones.

MustangGT0405 03-20-2008 04:08 PM

Tell your son thanks for his service. We all appreciate it.

As far as your question here are my thoughts.

I would get the Whipple HO blower and run it at 10psi. With a dyno tune it will make about 470rwhp and is fairly safe for the stock motor. For the transmission I would get an MGW shifter and a new clutch. I am currently thinking about getting a Fidenza twin disc with the stock flywheel but something like a Spec Stage 3+ is good too. For suspension I like the complete kits. You get the parts cheaper as a kit and you know they were designed to work together. I would probably get the FRPP one since they probably have the most R&D dollars spent on them. For brakes I would get the Baer 14" kit.

For Wheels I like the 20" Shelby Redlines but they are a personal choice. Defineately get something performance oriented like Nitto 555s.

If you have questions on where to buy some of this stuff pm me, I have really good vendor for the blower, lowest price on the net.

Thanks and I truly hope your son makes it home safe.

Stangbanger3v 03-20-2008 05:04 PM

i was in a similiar situation last year.. i too am a marine and while deployed in iraq i started ordering parts for my pony. i reccomend a D1SC Procharger with an upgraded fuel system... that it self is capable of a safe 470rwhp and can support 900+ (with rebuilt block of course) exhaust from bassani and to top it off some shelby razor rims as for suspension the eibach prokit is enough for now it lowers it to give it the aggresive look.. good luck with the project and semper fidelis

blackS197 03-20-2008 05:35 PM

First of all you guys need to decide between Centrifugal or Twinscrew for your supercharger. Centrifugal cant go wrong with the procharger plus i like the whistle at ide. TS Id go with KB or Whipple. Have fun

blueherd02gt 03-20-2008 05:39 PM

Damn my folks suck..I've done 4 tours in 7 years and my folks ask me for money...wtf?

Good luck buddy!

onederful100 03-20-2008 06:16 PM

good luck w/ the project. heres my 2 cents:

SC: i only have experience w/ whipple so thats what i recommend
suspension: LCA, lowering springs
exhaust: LT's, mid pipe, BOOMTUBES
gears: 3.73's
clutch, flywheel, DS

that would be nice start, w/ the whipple HO kit you can hit 450 rwhp and still use the stock internals, you can get forged internals and up the boost later.
sounds like a great father / son project. keep us posted on the building.:)

Solitear 03-20-2008 06:40 PM

GL with the build and tell your son to keep up his good work

Also keep us posted on the build ^.^

mhconley 03-20-2008 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 08Steeda

Great Project!!!

Congratulations for your son! We are proud of him too for serving!!!!! I will add him to my prayer list!!!

Anyways, I live in the Detroit Metro Area as well and I hadmy 2008 Mustang GTSteeda-ized. They have great suspension and traction control mod's available. They also have some kit's. The work could actually be done by Steeda themselves. I can put you in touch with the Michigan Rep. They have a shop (unpublished) in Riverview, MI.

Check thier web site out!

www.steeda.com
+10,000

If I had the money to do it right I'd stick with Steeda - they can do everything and do it right- performance, handling, etc. As a plus if you do everything through Steedayou may stillbe covered under warranty through Steeda.

Tell your son he has my undying gratitude! [sm=americanasmiley.gif] It's because of people like him that we can enjoy our cars...

Martin

Proud Marine Parent 03-21-2008 12:53 AM

Thank You For All The Support & Info!! Ok Here It Goes For Super Chargers I Have Whipples, Paxtons, Prochargers, Saleen, Steeda, Roush, Shelby etc.... Now It Is Time To Ask Questions Of Real World Users About Which One Is Better For My Application. The Procharger & Whipple State 500RWHP On Stock Motor And Up To 750 With Forged Internals!!! The Others Are Like 475RWHP With No MotorMods Recomended!! I Am Sure Glad We Are In No Hurry To Get This Done It Looks Like I Have Alot Of Bench Racing And Studying To Do!! I Will Be Around For Awhile Asking Questions And Seeking Advice!!
Again Thank You For Your Support And Advice It Is Very Usefull And Greatly Appreciated!!
My Son Says Thank You And Is Looking Forward To Getting On Here And Asking His Own Questions
Jeff T