Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharger Issue (advice welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:39 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Issue (advice welcome)

Mine does this also, I blamed it on the delete plates or the colder plugs, it didn't bother me enough to complain about it just figured it went with adding so many different things to the engine. After about a mile driving it's fine. Some days it seems a little worse then others.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:54 AM
tached_out
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sevenleaf

I had this exact same issue using brent's tune. ( you should be able to search the several threads on this issue) They never did solve it I put up with it for several months. I would feel it in the pedal. I replaced COPS, FUEL system lines plugs twice. I put tons of money at the problem. Lucky for brent my input shaft snapped. Got the car tuned byS.T motorsportsand I have 0 issues none nothing. No hesitation the car gets up and goes. I sent several datalogs they never found anything. According to brenspeed they put this exact tune on tons of car's so there is something wrong with your car not the tune.

For a long time I didn't think the tune had anything to do with it.
Its in the tune. I had that same issue the there tune when I was N/A and then had the same issue with a tune with my procharger that time not tuned by Brenspeed but by some one else.

I am now tuned by Adam from ST and have zero cold start issues and the car runs like it did when it was stock but with excessive amounts of hp
Old 05-07-2008, 11:30 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Why dont you try a VMP tune?

Or if it goes away, you might just have to live with it until you make the trip somewhere. There has to be some really good tuners in Texas. Make a vacation out of it.

Good Luck
Old 05-07-2008, 12:13 PM
silver05gt1
1st Gear Member

There are 2 places in Texas that I know of, of course 1 being Dallas Mustang, and the other being a place called Triangle Speed Shop. Both are about 3.5 hours from me.I have been to Dallas Mustang when my car just had a couple of bolt ons and they seem to do pretty good, so I am thinking about going back to them and see what happens. But at this exact second I don't have the $500 to go do a tune. So no matter what happens I will have to wait a month or so and just deal until then. I want to make a trip over there anyway so I can see what kind of numbers the car is putting down. Also, It sounds to me like S.T. Motorsports must know what to do. I have been told by like 5 people now that they fixed the tune tune that they have were having problems with. To bad Cal. is to far away.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:54 PM
MuchToLearn
2nd Gear Member

I have a tune from Dallas Mustangs. I love it but...I've never had any other tune from anyone else, so I really can't compare. I havn't had any issues with the tune though. The tune is probably pretty conservative. I'm actually going to get gears installed there tomorrow. I hope the install goes well!
Old 05-10-2008, 05:18 AM
dynamicmustangt

I would say bring the car to get it dyno tuned. I used Tillmanspeed, who I had bought my xcal2 from, but I'm N/A (for now).Yourproblemsounds like a tune issue to me.