Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

SCT with Steeda Tune....Worse Tune EVER

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:34 PM
thefrantic1
1st Gear Member

Default SCT with Steeda Tune....Worse Tune EVER

i bought a cai and sct tune form steeda 7 weeks ago. the car ran great except on warm days and being stuck in town traffic. other than that it would haul. i started calling steeda and the crap started. its not our tune its your car. for weeks same sh*t. they finally sent me 3 custom tunes. the car wouldnt even run. rough idle, spits and sputters and falls in to fail safe mode. all 3 tunes the same. i called and complained like hell. still a dozen times its your car. their precious tunes are perfect. i sent the sct back to them thinking they would replace it. they put yet another custom tune on. the car started and ran but is a absolute dog. grandma in her 73 torino could walk circles around me. the car ran smooth but wouldnt even break traction. i put the stock tune back in and took off my new $719 mantle piece cai and the car runs good. actuallysidways through 3rd gear. night and day difference is how it felt with the canned tune. several peeps on here say to get a brenspeed tune. i think i will as soon as steeda refunds or replaces my sct. word of advise dont get a steeda tune.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:59 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SCT WITH STEEDA TUNE....WORSE TUNE EVER

Color me not surprised. Now they are selling a Watts Link that is knockoff of Jim Fays' and crowing about how their unlimited R&D budget produced this masterpiece and how inferior everyone else is. It makes me smile....

Get your money back. Brenspeed, Bama, etc. will sell you a quality combo that will work as advertised. Speaking from experience, Brenspeed's service is top notch.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:05 PM
thefrantic1
1st Gear Member

think im gonna try brenspeed. getting good feedback about them on here. thanks
Old 05-03-2008, 12:05 PM
gas_meet_foot
1st Gear Member

I feel for you, and wish you luck with a Brenspeed or Bamachips combo. They seem to be the most popular on this site.

That said, paragraphs, punctuation, spelling, and moderated use of bold text will go a long way to making your posts readable. I understand you are upset, but we can't help if we can't follow.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:22 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Brenspeed kicks ***!!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I have their tune as well. Although I haven't had any troubles, I do think its not as strong as Brenspeed, or Bama.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:15 PM
thefrantic1
1st Gear Member

thanks for correcting my homework ms huckleberry(gas meet mouth). i didnt go to harvard to learn how to post athread on a forum.we are all here to share ideas and warn our fellow mustang lovers of problems, not grade school papers. thanks for the info pwny and vista gt.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:04 PM
docwine
1st Gear Member

he was just trying to help you out. Maybe it is your attitude that Steeda didn't like and decided to screw with you. While your being educated,try posting once about the same topic instead of three.

As posted above, Brenspeed is great, everything from quality products to outstanding customer service.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:23 PM
thefrantic1
1st Gear Member

i want to thank all the kind peeps who have answered my threads without criticizing how my text and boldness was typed. i am not the only one texting bold and in capital. look at all the threads. i hope all the school teachers are criticizing them also. seems like i have to say this often. we are all here to share mustang info and warn of problems. whomever wants to criticize my threads then i will block you. thanks again to everyone else.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:21 PM
thefrantic1
1st Gear Member

monday update: steeda is going to replace my sct device with a new one. i will at that point check into a breenspeed or bama tune. thanks to everyone that respondedin a adult manner.

Quick Reply: SCT with Steeda Tune....Worse Tune EVER