Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Clutch Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:46 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Default Clutch Upgrade

Well, the battle between my stock clutch and my Whipple seems to be over, and the Whipple has won.

I am getting a lot of slippage and know it is time to upgrade. Any suggestions? The car is a daily driver, so a clutch that feels like it is from a 68 Camaro is out of the question. I don't see myself needed more than a stage 2, probably, since the car is about 475 to the wheels.

Ideas?
Old 10-13-2008, 05:31 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

F%*! SPEC clutches. I will never buy another clutch from them. I'd say 80% of the people on the forums who have bought one have also had problems with it, and SPEC refuses to claim ANY responsibility.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:40 AM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nineinchnail1024
F%*! SPEC clutches. I will never buy another clutch from them. I'd say 80% of the people on the forums who have bought one have also had problems with it, and SPEC refuses to claim ANY responsibility.
Wow, really? What about centerforce DF?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:04 AM
subzero05
1st Gear Member

I would HIGHLY recommend the Mcleod RST!. its pedal pressure is like stock and it will hold up to 800 hp!. Also , its design will allow you to use your stock flywheel if you choose OR any aftermarket flywheel..Their's or anyone else's!. I have been very satisfied with mine
Old 10-13-2008, 10:43 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nineinchnail1024
+1, spec 2+ sucked complete *****. My mechanic sent it back to spec so they could see what was up with it and they gave him a bullsh*t story about how he used the wrong fluid and messed up the clutch, pretty much putting the blame on him, yet they would not explain how it messed it up. I can't even begin to explain how terrible the spec 2+ was, do yourself a huge favor and take off the spec 2+ from the possiblity list.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by subzero05
I would HIGHLY recommend the Mcleod RST!. its pedal pressure is like stock and it will hold up to 800 hp!. Also , its design will allow you to use your stock flywheel if you choose OR any aftermarket flywheel..Their's or anyone else's!. I have been very satisfied with mine
Agreed! I haven't heard anyone complain of any type of issue with this clutch. I love mine. Best thing is you can keep your stock flywheel if you choose to.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:06 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the advice guys! I actually decided to go with the Centerforce DF from Jegs. Price was very fair, and it seems like it is right up my alley. Should be here wedenesday, now I just have to find someone here in AZ that can help me put it in...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:28 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

oh me pick me j/k
what shop were you thinking of?
stay away from muscle car garage
there is only one shop i trust with me car now owner is a good friend pm me if you want the info
Old 10-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

How long did the stock clutch make it?
Old 11-23-2008, 01:06 PM
louie428

Originally Posted by subzero05
Sub Zero how many miles have you put on that clutch and are you using a stock slave cylinder? Does the clutch chatter and can you slip it out without an on off feeling. Looking to replace my leaking Ram TOB and spec 2+ clutch with RST and stock slave cylinder.

Quick Reply: Clutch Upgrade