Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

New Supercharger edelbrock at sema show 08

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:26 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

the bottom line is
how much $$$?
Old 11-13-2008, 08:32 PM
sonnier
2nd Gear Member

I like how it looks, just wonder what it will cost.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:43 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
the bottom line is
how much $$$?
Price will be around $5700.00-$6000.00.

We just got done speaking to Rob Simmons, the creator of this system for Edelbrock. I have some nice information for you guys, and I think everyone will be very happy!

First and foremost, we are working a deal with Edelbrock to help bring this system as an installing dealer with exclusive Tillman Speed Staged options for higher boost levels, and other options. This system was designed from a blank sheet of paper in May, so availability will be a few more weeks before these systems are in-stock at Edelbrock and ready to ship. To be on the safe side, I would expect them sometime in December.

We are taking deposits now. $5000 will hold your spot for installation and the remainder can be paid upon delivery of finished vehicle. The price of this kit is expected to be between $5700-6000.

The kit utilizes a BRAND NEW Bosch 41# fuel injector design that will be good up to the 700RWHP range with adjustments to fuel pressure. It utilizes the factory fuel pump for their BASE kit, but we are already offering the GT500 fuel pump upgrade package for $749.95. This will allow the user to take their boost levels and horsepower/torque levels up to a much higher range.

Currently, the numbers originally posted by Edelbrock are FLYWHEEL horsepower and torque numbers that equate to around 395+RWHP and 370+RWTQ. At 7PSI, this kit is expected to put out nearly 450+RWHP!!!

The TVS front-inlet blower design is very efficient. The CFM and flow ranges that competing supercharger systems use typically don't take into consideration the elbows that are used in the actual production kit. When a blower manufacturer tests their efficiency, they usually have a massive straight inlet to produce the highest rated numbers. With this kit being front-inlet, you'll actually have a large straight inlet to reproduce the efficiency that other manufacturers claim!

Edelbrock has designed a new throttle body assembly (round inlet) that has been molded precisely to ensure that they have absolutely NO ISSUES period. Especially no issues similar to those of aftermarket throttle bodies on the market who have had problems with failsafe mode, sticking, etc. They have molded and cast their throttle bodies to the same tolerances as the Ford OE unit, and we FELT this unit open and close at SEMA and its as though you can't feel any mechanical pieces moving. It's awesome!

This system also utilizes huge 15" S-Shaped runners that allow for plenty of flow as well as clearance for both factory and aftermarket fuel rail systems!

The mass airflow sensor has a range of approximately 70#/min. This system utilizes the factory airbox cover, however this is just to stay California Carb Legal. That's right... THIS SYSTEM WILL BE COMPLETELY CARB LEGAL IN THE US! We will be offering an aftermarket inlet-system as well as drop-in slot style meter that will allow for much more range to match the GT500 twin in-tank fuel pump assembly option and upgraded boost pulley that will be offered in the Tillman Speed Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Staged Packages available for FULL INSTALL and Custom Tuning via SCT Flash's Advantage III Software in-house on our Dynojet 224xLC.

If anyone has questions, please feel free to give me a call at (610)497-5776 or (610)497-3736 and I will be happy to discuss installation, tuning, and other options and pricing. Thanks again!

Last edited by TJ; 11-13-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:36 AM
boosted94
1st Gear Member

Not a bad looking unit