Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Gasket Problems 2007 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:39 PM
JustCallMeSlip

Default Gasket Problems 2007 4.6

I have a 2007 GT w/33,000 miles on it. All of a sudden I have a leaking valve cover gasket, driver side timing cover gasket, and front crank seal. Dealer can't give me an answer as to why. I have several friends that think it might be a crank case pressure problem. The dealer says there is not a problem w/ PCV valve and can't give me any other info as to why they just say bad gaskets. They have had my car for 8 days because of a supposed backorder on gaskets. Another dealer in the area says they can get the gaskets within 24 hours. Need help before warranty expires.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

if the work order is started before the warranty is over they MUST validate the warranty. if they dont, talk to the service manager and threaten to complain to ford.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:00 PM
JustCallMeSlip

Default Plaese Elaborate

I have never heard of that. Let me know as much info as possible because this all seams to have taken to long. I am a Service Manager in the tractor trailer industry so I have knowledge of warranty issues in that area but unfortunatley lack them in automotive. Also I have some minor mods to the car that I worry they will try to use against me. I have removed all of them other than my line lock. Hid the switch but the acuator is still under the hood. Sorry about the spelling above! I meant "Please Elaborate".

Last edited by JustCallMeSlip; 12-02-2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Info correction
Old 12-02-2008, 09:36 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

ok so good you removed the evedince but still as long as they initiated the fix prior to the warranty expireing it is not your fault that there busy/slow/useless. just dont **** off the servce manager first off and see what they say. if you ever get an unsatisfactory responce to any of your issues you go to him and take him for a drive/ show him the problem. if he still doesnt see the light just ask him if he would be upset if you brought this problem up with ford? because it is all dealerships objective to have happy customers and it looks bad to them. also if it is an actuall problem they would be in crap for not fixing it. I would call your service advisor tomorrow and ask him when your warranty expires for clarification and then write it down. also like i said before if the start is prior to the warrantys expiry they cannot deny it.
also inspect/ test drive prior to singing the "bill" as if you do and then the problem isnt fixed they may try to start another order after your expiry rather then "unsatisfactory"
Play the game bro. and dont just trust the smiles and here you go all set. I have been working at a ford for 3 days and am quitting tommorow to go heavy duty. cant stand the politics and BS.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:28 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum Mike. Lots of good info here and a great bunch of people. I did get your email last night...but it looks like you decided to join up as post yourself. Hope you get this issue resolved.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:22 AM
JustCallMeSlip

Thanks for the info 07muscle. I went to the dealer and looked at the car. It is on the rack and they have the timing cover off. If anyone has any info on what may have caused all of this please let me know. Hey Randy its good to hear from you. I joined this forum earlier this year but didn't spend any time on here so I forgot all my login info. I am back though and plan to visit often. Keep in touch I am looking forward to this upcoming spring. I don't know if I am going to run this car this next year. If money permits I may start a project car. I will let you know. Maybe you might want to get involved with it some how.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

i dunno but it could be becasue the tech has no idea what hes doing or they are looking for something
Old 12-03-2008, 08:44 PM
JustCallMeSlip

Looking for something seams to be the idea that friends have had. I just don't know if it is looking for something in a good way or looking for a way out and a place to put the blame. I could have ordered the gaskets myself from another local dealer and had them this past Monday. They are telling me now that the Parts Manager tracked the parts shipment and it is supposed to be in tomorrow. I wish I would have received more technical ideas on this subject so that I could be more informed when I am dealing with them. The way I see it, if this is an isolated incident and they can't tell me what caused it and fix it also, then I just might be screwed here shortly when it goes out of warranty. I really just don't see that they would have problems with getting gaskets for an engine that is in full and current production. WTF.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:00 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

it is entirely normal to not have parts on hand. i waited 1 week for a door handel, 3 days for a seat track.... they just cant stock all parts in some dealerships. that being said did you ask when your warranty is over? like i said they cant void it if the day you put it in was before the end of your warranty.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:09 AM
JustCallMeSlip

It is still under the bumper to bumper warranty and I have a warranty to 100,000 or the year 2011. When I bought the car the deal almost went south over my trade-in. The origional deal they were going to do some add-ons to the car and then at closing they said they couldn't so they traded me the add-ons for the extended warranty. The dealer covered that no problem. I am just at a point now that I want my baby back so maybe I am getting a little paranoid because of the time it has taken. I do appreciate your input. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Gasket Problems 2007 4.6