Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

manual transmission question

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
mybrosride
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
maybe you should test drive before you sign papers next time if youre too weak to use a clutch....i rarely say this, but maybe you shoulda bought an automatic
never owned an automatic except my escalade that the wife drives. i test drove it - paid cash out the door.... im not too weak to drive a manual. i've driven plenty. Join the army and you'll get your share of driving manual transmissions......grew up my first ride at 14 was a manual

edit: and 99pony ur ride is 10 years old....i've never owned a car that old - this is the first used ride i've ever had

Last edited by mybrosride; 01-26-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:19 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by mybrosride
never owned an automatic except my escalade that the wife drives. i test drove it - paid cash out the door.... im not too weak to drive a manual. i've driven plenty. Join the army and you'll get your share of driving manual transmissions......grew up my first ride at 14 was a manual

edit: and 99pony ur ride is 10 years old....i've never owned a car that old - this is the first used ride i've ever had
what does the age of my car have to do with anything? its still a stick mustang.... mustangs have stiff clutches... if its too much for you, or it bothers you, why did you buy the car after the test drive?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

lets see im a 125lbs man soaking wet and i have no problem pushing in the clutch. now it takes everything i have to push in my uncle's 03 termie clutch. but little to know effort to push in my 08 gt clutch. hell the 4.0l v6 i had was harder to push the clutch to the floor than my gt. you need to take yours in and have someone look at.

and 99blackpony i love your ride.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:53 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by shoeys08dkcandygt
lets see im a 125lbs man soaking wet and i have no problem pushing in the clutch. now it takes everything i have to push in my uncle's 03 termie clutch. but little to know effort to push in my 08 gt clutch. hell the 4.0l v6 i had was harder to push the clutch to the floor than my gt. you need to take yours in and have someone look at.

and 99blackpony i love your ride.
hey thanks.... thats a first for this section im pretty sure lol... i always end up posting in s197 tech on accident because i have a bad habit of hitting the New Post button which shows all posts on the entire board, and then i just post in whatever thread catches me eye that i have something to say in... most s197ers dont like my beautiful stang!! lol
Old 01-26-2009, 01:54 PM
mybrosride
1st Gear Member

i sit back as far as my seat goes, and i dont wear shoes when i drive so its a bit hard to push down and hold with your barefoot as opposed to shoes - just noticed this one is a lot different than camaros and other cars ive drive.

this is my first ford car so i bought it cuz i like the looks.. if i dont get used to it i'll sell it next year for something different. it has never been "owned" outright by anyone was owned privately thru a ford lease by a ford dealer - was this guy's personal car and was not actually titled as such - but dealership owned
Old 01-26-2009, 02:00 PM
mybrosride
1st Gear Member

hey thanks.... thats a first for this section im pretty sure lol... i always end up posting in s197 tech on accident because i have a bad habit of hitting the New Post button which shows all posts on the entire board, and then i just post in whatever thread catches me eye that i have something to say in... most s197ers dont like my beautiful stang!! lol
sometimes i get bent out of shape over answering questions too so overlook me.... btw black on black is one of my fav colors - especially with your black rims
Old 01-26-2009, 02:04 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

sometimes i get bent out of shape over answering questions too so overlook me.... btw black on black is one of my fav colors - especially with your black rims
hey its np...i come off a little strong sometimes too lol

mustangs have stiff clutches... its normal... i actually prefer it, gives a better feel when your leaving the line or especially during normal driving leaving a light slowly, theres no guess work...it lets you know when it hooks.... i dont have a stock clutch though, so i cant really say what yours feels like... also ,we have different trannys, but that shouldnt make too much of a difference on clutch feel
Old 01-26-2009, 02:06 PM
mybrosride
1st Gear Member

hey its np...i come off a little strong sometimes too lol

mustangs have stiff clutches... its normal... i actually prefer it, gives a better feel when your leaving the line or especially during normal driving leaving a light slowly, theres no guess work...it lets you know when it hooks.... i dont have a stock clutch though, so i cant really say what yours feels like... also ,we have different trannys, but that shouldnt make too much of a difference on clutch feel
its coo man...maybe i should start wearing my shoes more - pushing the clutch with my toes may be my prob
Old 01-26-2009, 02:09 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

its coo man...maybe i should start wearing my shoes more - pushing the clutch with my toes may be my prob
leaving you car in gear at lights is your problem! they made neutral for a reason :P
Old 01-26-2009, 02:21 PM
mybrosride
1st Gear Member

leaving you car in gear at lights is your problem! they made neutral for a reason :P
oh ok i c ic..... maybe i'll start using neutral and invest in a pair of shoes..... problem is after spending the $$s for the ride + paying for the wifes crap she wants at the mall i dont have spare

edit: good thing i dont have kids yet

Quick Reply: manual transmission question