Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

CAI...JLT or C&L

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 AM
provofam
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kcmarti
Hmmm... No. They may suggest it, but in the real world, not a chance. Mine went down a mile or so per gallon. Probably a change in driving habits, but that is part of the package.
Ditto, my mileage dropped just a tad but then again I have a real time keeping my foot out of the gas
Old 03-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jfleetwo
...the websites also suggest an improvement in MPG. Is this for real? If so what might I expect with '06 4.6l, auto.
Disregard what the manufacturer's claims are. However, some forum members say they see an increase and others a decrease. Personally, it depends on how disciplined you are, keeping your foot out of it. The real clincher is that you get a definate performance gain with minor to no impact on fuel economy. IMO, you can't beat that.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:34 PM
jfleetwo

I just turned the credit card over to Brenspeed and gave them the car info. I will report back on my experience with milage and performance. I'm usually fairly disciplined on the open road but there are times when you have to merge with traffic on those long open on ramps to the turnpike.