Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

proplem with automatic transmission !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 07:59 AM
QTR

Default proplem with automatic transmission !!

hi all

i have mustang 2007 GT atumatic transmission , the proplem when i put it in " D " draive and move the car normally and bush the brak hard to stop the car , the car be stopped but when i remove my lage from the break the car be almost stop and it's still in " D " , so i WOT the fuel and it push it the gear hardlly and it's move , any one know what the proplem
Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 AM
jfleetwo

QTR, I don't think I have an answer for you right now. I just want to make sure your question is clear. Are you saying that after a hard brake the car won't accelerate again when you step on the gas again? Does the problem go away after you cycle back from neutral back to drive?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:54 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Maybe the parking brake is stuck? Hard to deciper the details form the question.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:40 PM
QTR

Originally Posted by jfleetwo
QTR, I don't think I have an answer for you right now. I just want to make sure your question is clear. Are you saying that after a hard brake the car won't accelerate again when you step on the gas again? Does the problem go away after you cycle back from neutral back to drive?

yes see the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggh1hCZoiwo
Old 03-21-2009, 12:32 PM
goose5
1st Gear Member

No CEL?
Old 03-21-2009, 02:09 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

You can try this. Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes....That will reset everything. Don't worry, you won't lose your custom tune if you have one.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:01 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

you're using a translator aren't you? lol..

hmm..maybe it's the torque converter?? I had the same problem with my 93 rx-7 and the torque converter was messed up, sometimes it would catch on the gear, sometimes it won't.. it did something similar to your car.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:36 AM
03fridge

I had the same problem with my 05 GT auto after a panic brake the other day. When everyone settled down and I went to acclerate, the car wouldn't move. After about 30 seconds there was a big "bang" through the drive line as the car went back into gear. Since then everything has been fine. Its like under a panic brake, the transmission automatically goes into neutral, then has to hunt to find a gear again.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

Check the fluid level in the tranny. If it's low, fill it to the correct level and look for a leak. If the fluid is ok, then there's probably a problem with the tranny.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ski
Check the fluid level in the tranny. If it's low, fill it to the correct level and look for a leak. If the fluid is ok, then there's probably a problem with the tranny.

Do you know how much of a PITA it is to check tranny fluid level in the 5R55S? There's no dip stick...

Quick Reply: proplem with automatic transmission !!