Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

pulling the trigger on lt headers, curious about this set up

Old 04-15-2009, 06:10 PM
icedlee

Default pulling the trigger on lt headers, curious about this set up

ok so i have had mac boom tubes for a year an half and love the sound but the time has come for a little more. anyone running mac lt ceramic coated headers with an o/r prochamber with the boom tubes? too loud? just right? was also thinking of going with an o/r x pipe instead to save a little cash. thanks for any input!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:35 PM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

I have Mac LT and Macs X-pipe with pypes high flow cats on stock mufflers, X pipe is alittle louder than prochambers (prochambers work kinda like a mid-muffler but they wont have rasp like my X-pipe. With boomtube the exhaust would really scream think of your boomtubes now and add some tone to you exhaust note during idle and under throttle you might as well not try to hold any conversations it wont happen. My Idle and normal driving is fairly close to stock (deeper and alittle louder) But once I get over 2500-3000 RPM it really wakes up and that's with the stock mufflers mind you. I'm probably going to mate it up with a set of stingers and that should be just about right.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:23 AM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Oh yeah, one of the best ways to figure out how loud something will be is to here it in person. Is there any mustang shows on your area. If you go to some of them you'll hear alot of diferent combos and should get a better idea of volume levels.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
icedlee

forgot to mention that i had an x pipe put in before the boom tubes running stock cats. where did you puchase your set up from? my wife refuses to drive with me b/c she already thinks the car is too loud..... little does she know right? this is also to **** off my neighbors who have two large dogs that are ALWAYS barking their a$$es off. cant wait to start up the car in the morrning after the new exhaust to ruin their morning cup of joe!! some might say i have an evil side....
Old 04-16-2009, 06:02 PM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Ordered it through brenspeed shipped for $950.00 ish It sounds really good. With the stock Axle back it does idle around stock. But giver the gas and you know the rest. Add some axle backs and it'll be AWESOME.