Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Hot rod cams/full race delete plates?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:04 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default Hot rod cams/full race delete plates?

I need some more power up mid- up top. Right now the 4.10s are fine with the stock converter in terms of getting off the line. Don't have enough for a full blower kit just yet so I am just gonna get it next year. No real mods right now other then cams and delete plates to add noticable WHP.

What do you all think about Hot Rod cams with the Steeda full race delete plates?

For sure I am going Paxton 2200 H.O. next summer but I need more power ...NOW!

should the stated combo net me (35+ whp)??

and would these gears be fine to run with the Paxton I get later down the line??

thanks all..
Old 05-02-2009, 06:19 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

it's really hard to say if this is the combo for
you or not. all i will say is, these are questions
you may want to run by your local tuner, because
he will be the one trying to make a nice reliable tune
for you.

Originally Posted by stealth_GT

What do you all think about Hot Rod cams with the Steeda full race delete plates?

For sure I am going Paxton 2200 H.O. next summer but I need more power ...NOW!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:46 PM
2007VistaBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

35 whp is a realistic goal, I've seen dyno sheets from a few cars that already had the basics like CAI and axle backs that have increased 40 whp wit the addition the Hot Rod cams alone. For sure you will need a good tuner, both cams and CMCV plates are very delicate to tune for. The Hot Rod cams like most other NSR cams will work fine with any supercharger as they are just a more aggressive version of the stock specs. If you're for sure that you will get a supercharger and you're definate that it will be a paxton you might want to look into a cam that's more suited for a centrifugal style blower.

BTW: plan on upgrading your converter that is a real big kick in the pants modification.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:27 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

the only tunes I will be able to get for the car will be either a brenspeed tune or a bama tune. There are no real tuner shops that I trust around here. There are a few but I don't really trust their work because of naysayers and rumors.

These would be the only real mods I can do right now being that anything else wouldn't bring as much power as these mods alone. Aside from tires.. these will pretty be much it.

It's okay right now in terms of power but let's be serious.. it's not 'that' fast lol.

And certainly as not as fast as most heavily modded cars out there. 4 banger or v8.