Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

PAXTON PAXTON PAXTON

Old 06-01-2009, 12:19 AM
2005gtmustang
1st Gear Member

good luck man
Old 06-09-2009, 01:05 AM
dolint95
1st Gear Member

installed the kit....12 hours straight thru, took my time. Toward the end I'm not gonna lie, my head was spaced out and I couldn't focus on reading the instructions...sucked. If I had to do it again tho it would be no problem, could be done in 6 hours after you have done one. Car runs like a straight animal. Brought shame to several cobras, and a C6 corvette ..even better!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:37 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

cool dude..

vids!

(-:
Old 07-13-2009, 04:37 PM
09Stroker

Originally Posted by dolint95
installed the kit....12 hours straight thru, took my time. Toward the end I'm not gonna lie, my head was spaced out and I couldn't focus on reading the instructions...sucked. If I had to do it again tho it would be no problem, could be done in 6 hours after you have done one. Car runs like a straight animal. Brought shame to several cobras, and a C6 corvette ..even better!
I have my Paxton kit on order from Brenspeed as well. Now that you have done one is there anything you would recommend that would make the job go smoother?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:42 PM
dolint95
1st Gear Member

biggest piece of info for you is that the only thing brenspeeds tune is good for is to be able to run the car until you get it on the dyno. Canned tunes are JUNK, every car is different I don't care what they tell you. Took mine to Connecticut today to Ted Jannetty...here is living proof
Not bashing Brenspeed, because they do have GREAT customer service...but just spend the extra money and get a custom tune, you won't be sorry!

Old 07-15-2009, 07:34 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

so what was the biggest issue with the install??? Sounds like it went well...what experience level would one need?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:40 PM
dolint95
1st Gear Member

umm...the biggest part was the fear of forgetting something or something going wrong. you need to have knowledge about cars or you may get stuck. The hardest part was getting the sleeve out of the coolant crossover tube, and figuring out how the intercooler tubing goes and getting it to fit in there right. Use self tapping screws for the two brackets, one which keeps the down pipe from your throttle body off the a/c pulley and the other keep the tubing off the frame and oil filter. If you don't secure that spot on the driver side the frame will eventually rub right through the tubing and you don't want that. PM and I can give you my number incase you get stuck I can guide you through it.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:14 AM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

519 rwhp on a stock block, hope your saving for a new one.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:09 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cfr865

must be nice though, with that much power!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:58 PM
dolint95
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cfr865
How could you be so ignorant to make a comment like that? I mean I was just wondering...? If you had any idea what tuning was really about than you would have opted out that statement. Go to jannettyracing.com Ted has worked with SCT tuning since they started, back when they were known as SuperChips. No one knows how to tune a mustang any better than him. I sat there and watched him dyno tune my car and go through a million different tables and map out his own tune, it was seriously incredible. If he hasn't tuned 500 mustangs safely, than he hasn't tuned any. Bottom line is that when you combo all the factors (a/f, timing, etc..) just right and then keep the oil and fuel pressure stable between +/- 0.5, you create a SAFE monster. You keep adding timing til you trigger the knock sensor, and then back it off one degree. Save for a new block? Don't believe I will be doing that. Kooks headers are actually next and then suspension...lord knows I need it. But if you check my album, all the number are on three consecutive sheets, showing the a/f and a variety of psi along with the torque and hp readings

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PAXTON PAXTON PAXTON