MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions-69/)
-   -   Who has the best tunes? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions/553118-who-has-the-best-tunes.html)

bjames 07-27-2009 07:00 PM

Who has the best tunes?

Im going to be buying a SCT tuner and C&L intake for my gt. I have heard people say that the tunes from Bama Chips are far better then what you would get at American muscle. Any opinions or thoughts?

jahudso2 07-27-2009 07:11 PM

bamachips and brenspeed are both better than american muscle for tunes. as far as buying other mods, american muscle has a much larger selection and much lower prices. i have both bamachips and brenspeed tunes for my car and right now i am running the bama tune because he updates your tunes for free with future mods, whereas brenspeed only does this if you buy the new mods from them. you really cant go wrong with either one. if you want to try the other, then its only 50 bucks for a tune.

05redfirepearlGT 07-27-2009 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by bjames (Post 6377696)
Im going to be buying a SCT tuner and C&L intake for my gt. I have heard people say that the tunes from Bama Chips are far better then what you would get at American muscle. Any opinions or thoughts?

Brenspeed has a very good reputation, and they are just over the line in Indiana West of Fort Wayne. Very nice group of guys. Bren first hand has done me right. The tune made for my car has been fantastic. They really take time to assist you and have a huge selection of CAI kit options. They follow up with you after the sale if they haven't heard from you as well which I found to be a nice compliment to their already great customer service ethics.

Closer possibly to home (if you live in the southern half of Ohio) would be Modular Depot in Florence, KY. This guy is very good as well. I bought a custom made CAI and tune from him and it was a very nice change while the car was still N/A.

Heard good things about Bama's tunes but no first hand experience with them.

Nuke 07-27-2009 07:57 PM

IF I WERE KING, anyone asking "what's the best..." this or that would be strapped to a nail bed, covered with peanut butter and allowed to be eaten alive by a bunch of rodents.

Brenspeed and Bama write excellent tunes and are considered much better than those from AM, Diablo and SCT. Based on forum input, it seems Bama has the edge for automatics.

08droptop 07-27-2009 09:31 PM

so, if I were to order CAI and tune from Brenspeed, and later got mods, they only give free updated tunes if you buy the parts from them? And, if I buy the CAI and tune from Bama, they will give a new tune no matter where the parts came from? I had not heard that, and have been thinking about getting a set-up. That might make a difference on what place I choose. Do we know this for sure?

jahudso2 07-28-2009 04:15 AM

Yes, its true. Bama updated my tunes for free when I got my o/r h-pipe, headers, and gears, and brenspeed wouldnt. However, brenspeed has slightly better customer service... if they are getting money haha.

Nuke 07-28-2009 09:04 AM

I believe that's true, also. Call them and find out for sure.

funtimesalways 07-28-2009 09:18 AM

one of the guys over in shelby section did an excellent write up a few months ago about VMP tuning as well, could be worth a look, i believe they also do an E85 tune as well.

08GT4U 07-28-2009 09:54 AM

if i was on your shoes at this point ill go with brenspeed.bama has kind of been in the lost side and is very hard to get a hold of them, they have been taking close to a month to have things shipped according to memebers from other forums.

shanec 07-28-2009 01:56 PM

I've had Bama and VMP. I vote for VMP, the first tuner I found to correctly tune for my longtube headers.