Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Long Tubes and CAMS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I see. My Kooks only needed one extension for the pass rear.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:25 PM
KcMstang
2nd Gear Member

Thought I would give a little update since I haven't been around. Car is running STRONG, and I mean STRONG! I got her idling at 750rpms with the cams and she is loving it! Haven't had any exhaust leak issues from the Pypes LongTubes or the Hpipe so I'm happy there also. Going to keep her N/A or how I like to say NAsty! Looking at under-drive pulleys next and then going back to visual upgrades like a CDC Shake Hood and some paint work! I'll get a new vid up soon!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:20 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Are you still running the Bama tune?

My bama tunes for hot rods have been pretty crap. Bouncing idle (from 400 to 850ish) when coasting slow, laggy and sluggish off idle performance, part throttle performance VERY VERY lacking - almost feels like I have half an engine going. It seems the flashing O/D light issue is gone with it though, so that's one good thing about it of many bad. Also, WOT performance feels very good. But other than those two things, this tune does not make the car fun to drive.

My Brenspeed tune on the other hand is amazing, other than the flashing O/D light issue in traffic. Off idle it's snappy and powerful, no lag or sluggishness at all. Part throttle feels very powerful and WOT screams like all hell. I hope Brenspeed can fix the O/D light issue b/c I love their tune other than that.

I have a BBR tune now, but I was not able to load it in my SCT. It looks like they put in the wrong serial number. So I'm waiting on a fix for that. From what I hear, it should be the bestest tune evar!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:05 AM
KcMstang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
Are you still running the Bama tune?

My bama tunes for hot rods have been pretty crap. Bouncing idle (from 400 to 850ish) when coasting slow, laggy and sluggish off idle performance, part throttle performance VERY VERY lacking - almost feels like I have half an engine going. It seems the flashing O/D light issue is gone with it though, so that's one good thing about it of many bad. Also, WOT performance feels very good. But other than those two things, this tune does not make the car fun to drive.

My Brenspeed tune on the other hand is amazing, other than the flashing O/D light issue in traffic. Off idle it's snappy and powerful, no lag or sluggishness at all. Part throttle feels very powerful and WOT screams like all hell. I hope Brenspeed can fix the O/D light issue b/c I love their tune other than that.

I have a BBR tune now, but I was not able to load it in my SCT. It looks like they put in the wrong serial number. So I'm waiting on a fix for that. From what I hear, it should be the bestest tune evar!
Running an EMAIL BRENSPEED tune with no issues at all...my friend is opening a Speed/Performance Shop in Ft. Mitchell, Alabama and should have a dyno soon. I'm going to let him tune it once the shop is complete and the dyno is installed.

For the record, my BAMAchips tune was junk, they have lost my business for good.