Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

To whipple or to Roush..THAT is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:52 AM
Xzibitstang

Default To whipple or to Roush..THAT is the question.

Well,

While I wait until I can go pick my vehicle up at the dealer so humbly waiting for me for another 14 days. I'm contimplating on the supercharger to put in it...

To whipple...or Roush?

What do you guys think? I would like to keep a warranty
Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 AM
Frantz
2nd Gear Member

Assuming I get the kick *** job I'm in the process of landing I'll be getting the Whipple.. The only reason is I like how it looks better. That being said I will read the tech replies to this thread to see if you all can change my mind!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I do know I that my dealer is a certified Roush sales and service dealership. He stated that with te Roush I maintain a 3yr / 36K mile warranty as long as it is installed at an authorized install shop with the Roush / Ford tune. not sure what Whipple gets. I believe Whipple is what the FRPP super-charger is. Not sure what it's warranty is for sure.

I am leaning Roush for mine
Old 08-31-2009, 09:44 AM
steele901
4th Gear Member

roushcharger is weak sauce. Whipple all the way!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:01 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by steele901
roushcharger is weak sauce. Whipple all the way!
I thought he was looking for opinions from those with these types of S/C... not bashing one product over the other. But since you made a statement...please clarify your experience with both superchargers. What makes the Roush weaksauce? I have seen nothing but good reviews on both types.

Since I am in the same market, I'd prefer to hear constructive comments to one over the other...
Old 08-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

The whipple is kinda the cadillac of blowers for these cars. KB might be a close runner up.

From what I've read you'll get better gains from the Whipple over that roush. You'll pay for it though. None of these blowers are cheap, but the whipple is uber expensive.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:12 PM
joekr
1st Gear Member

I am leaning towards the Roush. The warranty is relevant to me...

I am assuming with the Roush, my powertrain warranty would still be in place as well..
Old 08-31-2009, 12:17 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by joekr
I am leaning towards the Roush. The warranty is relevant to me...

I am assuming with the Roush, my powertrain warranty would still be in place as well..
That's my understanding as well. Plus it's 3yr /36K versus 1yr/12K according to Performance manager at my dealer who just called me back a 1/2 hr ago on this question
Old 08-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Dobieman

I have no experience with either supercharger but am curious why Xzibitstang is in such a hurry to get to the speed limit?
We know an officer of the law wouldnt speed on the street in his personal vehicle and since warranty is an issue I didnt think this was a track application.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:29 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

if you want to maintain your warranty, the roushcharger or the whipple non-IC will keep the warranty. i think the paxton will also maintain the warranty.

but betweent the roushcharger or the whipple, it's whipple hands down. the whipple is bigger, capable of more power, the roushcharger is limited to under 500 rwhp with upgrades, the whipple is capable of 600+ out of the box providing you get the IC. the whipple with the GT500 dual fuel pump is a more complete system over all other SC systems, IMO. the roush TVS 2.3 L is a better option than the regular roushcharger at only 1.8L. the whipple is also 2.3L like the TVS and the power it yields is similar, but again the whipple kit is more complete.

now onto the warranty part. you can keep your warranty and run low boost 5-6psi and 400 rwhp, or you can run bigger boost 10-12 psi and closer to 500 rwhp and say goodbye to your warranty. I chose the latter and haven't had any second thoughts since. warranties are for suckers anyways.

Quick Reply: To whipple or to Roush..THAT is the question.