Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

xct x3 tunner

Old 11-16-2009, 08:52 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTJT2010
Everybody talks all the time about how good Brenspeed, BAMA and anyone else is, how can they send you a kick *** tune like everyone says when they don't even have you on a dyno, I would think hooked up and the handheld in place and tuned on the spot on a dyno is better than or more commended than telling them what you are running and the make one up and send, by the handheld for best price take to a local tuner, have it dyno'd and let them show you how to use in future.
I think my dyno time and review showed that you can get a pretty good tune from the tuners that send out tunes via email.
In their defense they have dyno tuned these cars and these tunes are not too far off from one car to the next. I know not ever car is the same but they are not that different in the tunes.

I'd agree that getting tuned on the dyno would most of the time be better, but not in most cases. When I get a SC I will definitely be on the dyno getting it tuned. It will be a little more expensive to get dyno tuned then it would to just the a handheld and some custom tunes.

And most of the time we can get free tunes for other upgrades.

Search this Thread