Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Underdrive Pulleys Christmas Present!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 06:14 AM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

I'll be getting UDP's pretty soon and be back on the dyno. There have already been a few magazine articles that have gained/free'd up a good amount with the udp's on a 2010...more than 0 -3whp.
I have had them on almost all my cars and they have always been a good bang for the buck....especially over shorty headers.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:40 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Originally Posted by AZ MSCL
Mine is the Challenger, my wife picked the Mustang GT over the Camaro SS and the Challenger. Honestly, I was not a big fan of the new Mustangs - until we bought one. It is a lot of fun and has more power and speed than I expected (put a custom tune on it not long ago). I love the electronics package and nav. So in a nutshell, I like the Mustang very much but I've always been a Mopar guy at heart. I absolutely LOVE my Challenger, wife absolutely LOVES her Mustang and wants to race at a local track ASAP. The Mustang has a completely different feel than the Challenger. Anyway, it is really neat to have both and I like to switch off every once in awhile. Just need a Camaro SS to complete the trifecta.
Yea thats awesome man, I plan on keep this stang forever so hopefully they keep making challengers that look like yours in the next couple of years so I can have both.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:42 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Originally Posted by BL00DSH0T
I'll be getting UDP's pretty soon and be back on the dyno. There have already been a few magazine articles that have gained/free'd up a good amount with the udp's on a 2010...more than 0 -3whp.
I have had them on almost all my cars and they have always been a good bang for the buck....especially over shorty headers.
Thats great I would love to see a before and after dyno of just a UDP. They will possibly free up 10 HP on peak dyno numbers but I still doubt that over 5 of them are useable.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:27 AM
AZ MSCL
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BL00DSH0T
I too would also have to see dyno results. And there is absolutely no doubt quality headers of any kind will provide way more HP gains than any UDP ot combination thereof.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:32 AM
AZ MSCL
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang
Yea thats awesome man, I plan on keep this stang forever so hopefully they keep making challengers that look like yours in the next couple of years so I can have both.
Yup, love the Mustang and the Challenger, both keepers. Eventually I would like to put a S/C on both.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:29 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang
Thats great I would love to see a before and after dyno of just a UDP. They will possibly free up 10 HP on peak dyno numbers but I still doubt that over 5 of them are useable.
I have yet too see a UDP dyno peak high numbers, they are almost always a consistant gain from the start of the dyno till the end.

Originally Posted by AZ MSCL
I too would also have to see dyno results. And there is absolutely no doubt quality headers of any kind will provide way more HP gains than any UDP ot combination thereof.
This is a pretty blanket statement. I have dyno'd a few cars with shorty headers there are some that make no more power than the stock headers. Kinada hard now adays to make power with the stock cats in place. Even on the Mustang shorties are not a big power maker. LT's are a different story.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If you have the stock airbox with a custom tune on your '10, then adding a CAI and updating the tune will add a little more RWHP (maybe 5-8) than UDP's will or any of the other mods you mentioned.

UDP's are good for about 3-5 RWHP.
Shorties are good for 2-4 RWHP (toss cams in and you'll boost that a lot, even more with LT's)
X-pipe will not gain anything measurable. Changes sound.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:15 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Bl00dshot did you get the UDP on yet? What about the dyno? I am very curious to see the results and how you like it.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Casey4s
2nd Gear Member

I got about 10 HP from a set of Steeda pulleys. I had it Dynoed a few weeks before I did the UPD install and again about 3 weeks after the install.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:55 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Can you post the dyno on here? I would like to compare the before and after to see at what RPM its most effective. Do you feel a noticable difference? Any charging problems?

Quick Reply: Underdrive Pulleys Christmas Present!!