MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions-69/)
-   -   delete plates review (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions/594357-delete-plates-review.html)

stealth_GT 04-02-2010 02:08 AM

delete plates review

Just got done doing delete plates and went for a joy ride... wow! Must be the 4.10s, shorty headers, C&L racer intake and Bama race tune, because my ride picked up a NICE amount of hp. I heard about people complaining that they don't feel anything, they aren't worth the money etc., but WOW! Not bad at all for the $80 I spent on them from Ebay (Saleen delete plates, pretty much the same as the steeda economy. I didn't notice anything lost down low, but the mid-up top punch is great. (PS, I has auto)

From 2800 up, it really kicks in. The only thing I noticed was that the kick down at 45 took a little longer, but once it did, it redlines and holds the gear much longer as well. My exhaust note, even with the stock cat back and mufflers, sounds so much more aggressive. Part throttle acceleration was also improved.

I recommend this mod for a cheap mod in addition to other mods. It feels like I was making great power already, but the delete plates tipped it over the edge and made everything "click" more.

Yeah, I know.. "welcome to 2005" rofl

:D

Torch Red GT 04-02-2010 02:16 AM

maybe ill some of these, how hard was the install?

stealth_GT 04-02-2010 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT (Post 6918924)
maybe ill some of these, how hard was the install?

Piece of cake, if you can follow directions and have a 8 mm & 10 mm standard/deep sockets, a racheting socket wrench and a 4 inch extender you can do it. Oh, and needle nose plyers unless you have strong fingers.

Well worth the investment in this mod.. nothing breath taking like CAI/tune or 4.10s initially, but "icing on the cake" so to speak..

Fresh_GT 04-02-2010 12:17 PM

I want to remove my CMCVs too, but I think I'd rather wait for the new FRPP intake manifold.

808muscle 04-02-2010 12:20 PM

Detroit Rocker cams, delete plates........... its all on my list of must have fun parts!!!

I like $80 HP upgrades! Nice to know its a simple install too.

patrick

stealth_GT 04-02-2010 02:50 PM

I just realized why I might have gotten better than average results for the delete plates.. summer is around the corner but it's still pretty cool here. Yesterday night was around 40-45 degrees out and very very cool, so that might have something to do with it. IMO the gains were definetly worth the upgrade. Look up Saleen delete plates on Ebay for $80.

The stock charge motion plates look pretty restrictive if you ask me. Even with the flaps wide open, its obvious they are in the way blocking precious air flow. The new manifolds look very promising as well, though I don't know about the C&L one weighing 30+ lbs. on top of my motor lol

stealth_GT 04-02-2010 04:05 PM

EDIT: I just tested them out again and from a dead stop or low roll it gets into the power band ALOT quicker and power was obviously increased. It gets up to speed very quickly. I am confident that with mods in sig+these plates, it's easily a 13 sec. car

The pull in 1st & 2nd is awesome..

jahudso2 04-02-2010 08:22 PM

lol its a 13 second car stock - and a very low 13 second car with a good driver. its good to hear you got good gains from these plates though, i'll have to look them up.

stealth_GT 04-03-2010 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by jahudso2 (Post 6920191)
lol its a 13 second car stock - and a very low 13 second car with a good driver. its good to hear you got good gains from these plates though, i'll have to look them up.

lol not this one.. the auto box and 3.31 gears are dogs off the line and shift like someone from an old folks home. I think my best was a 14.5 or something.. and best of 13.8

jahudso2 04-03-2010 09:05 AM

oh, i saw your sig time was a low 13 and thought you had a typo and meant to say it felt like a 12 second car. You do have a pretty low trap speed, are you pretty high in elevation?

With the saleen delete plates, did you notice if the ports were matched on the cylinder head and/or intake manifold?