Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Hot Rods are in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:07 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CR@TillmanSpeed
Just for anyone who wants to know, we have some idle tricks on our cam tunes that give it a nice lope, and allow us to keep from having to jack up the idle for driveability!

Do you guys know the fix for the flashing O/D light problem when coasting slow (~20mph)?

I know what the fix is in the tune thanks to someone on another forum and so does Brenspeed now (thanks to me) and I've been curious about an All Out tune but I don't want that flashing O/D light to come back.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:00 PM
black2010
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by branman1
What would you like to know about the install?
How did you hold the chains in place and was it as simple as just removing the valve covers, unbolting the cam bearing caps and ubolting the cams? I saw a post like that a while ago but thought that had to be to simple.

Can't wait to see the dyno numbers. Do you have baseline numbers on your specific car?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 PM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

I basically used the hose method and had a friend back up that method by constantly keeping pressure by holding the cam gear while I swapped the cam. Yeah you are correct with the rest basically. I turned everything over before I started each side so it looked like the least amount of pressure was on the cam.

I do not have a baseline dyno but I am excited to see what it puts down and also what Chris can extract from its current state.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:00 AM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

Well no go on the dyno tune. I went there yesterday and Chris strapped her down and started to do some adjustments. He came up and said I have a huge vacuum leak. While it was on the dyno still they checked the back of the intake and sure enough those steeda delete plugs did not do there job. This is not the first issue they have seen. So they told me how to fix them and I left there and went to work and pulled the intake manifold back off. I verified they were leaking and fixed the issue and did some logs of short term fuel trim and the issue is now fixed. I will contacting steeda this week and giving them hell about there ****ty product. I guess you cant expect much for 70 bucks. I am going back to get dyno tuned on wednesday so we shall see.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:45 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

Well no go on the dyno tune. I went there yesterday and Chris strapped her down and started to do some adjustments. He came up and said I have a huge vacuum leak. While it was on the dyno still they checked the back of the intake and sure enough those steeda delete plugs did not do there job. This is not the first issue they have seen. So they told me how to fix them and I left there and went to work and pulled the intake manifold back off. I verified they were leaking and fixed the issue and did some logs of short term fuel trim and the issue is now fixed. I will contacting steeda this week and giving them hell about there ****ty product. I guess you cant expect much for 70 bucks. I am going back to get dyno tuned on wednesday so we shall see.
So, Bran, was this the leak I mentioned, i.e. The holes in the back on the intake where the butterfly shaft was? Did u fix it with a dab of sealant?

Take a look at the link I posted earlier in this thread.
Mine are due Tuesday. I called Steeda already about this, and they recommended the small amount of sealant.

I'm still waiting on Chris to email the new tune - I guess you're the reason it didn't come on Saturday as promised

Last edited by cidsamuth; 04-11-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:57 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I will contacting steeda this week and giving them hell about there ****ty product. I guess you cant expect much for 70 bucks.
I bought Steedas oil seperator kit for my car. That ****ty product didnt work. Had to bum a ride to Napa to purchase more parts so I could get it to work. If the $70 parts dont work, it doesnt give you any confidence on their more expensive parts.

Glad you got it worked out. Loving the sound of that cam.

patrick
Old 04-11-2010, 03:18 PM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cidsamuth
So, Bran, was this the leak I mentioned, i.e. The holes in the back on the intake where the butterfly shaft was? Did u fix it with a dab of sealant?
I used sealant on mine a good amount at that and It still leaked.

Originally Posted by 808muscle

Glad you got it worked out. Loving the sound of that cam.

patrick
Thanks man!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:56 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

I used sealant on mine a good amount at that and It still leaked.
Did you end up cutting the rod and reinstalling it back into the manifold to ensure it stays air tight?

Last edited by cidsamuth; 04-11-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:23 PM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

Yeah pretty much.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:45 PM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

Well I just got back from tillman. I was a little bummed about the dyno numbers but I dont have a baseline so Its kinda hard to compare. My car dynoed 306whp and 313wtq. Im sure with some long tubes or at least high flow cats that would help alot.

Quick Reply: Hot Rods are in!