Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Cam Performance...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:10 PM
07 FltRoc GT

Default Cam Performance...?

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has had the Detroit Rockers installed on a stock setup? Im currious how they sound and perform without other mods. I would of course be getting a cai and tune at the same time if I did the cams.

Thanks for the input
Old 05-19-2010, 01:28 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

deleted

Last edited by joutcelt; 05-19-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:29 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Sounds to me if u want that lopey sound ur gonna need the h pipe and flowmasters axle back. Or something similar. Sounds like 410's are almost a must with an automatic. I would say that if u have heard the video clip by brenspeed that u would be dissappointed with the stock sound
Old 05-19-2010, 01:41 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

CAI/tune & cams would be an awesome set up.. throw some delete plates into the mix and you'd be making some nice power. Especially with gears as well... pretty potent NA set up imo.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:07 PM
07 FltRoc GT

I have an manual and I do a lot of highway driving to detroit so I was thinking 3.73's but I keep reading 4.10's the way to go so I haven't made my mind up yet. I have heard the video clips online and I do want that good sound but I may have to wait and save up some more before I can do the exhaust. Id rather get the cams now haha.

Iv done some research on the delete plates but they seem like a pain in the *** to put in which im sure means more money to have them installed. Still trying to figure out if they are really worth it hp wise.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:35 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

This is what i understand about the delete plates on stock motor is that the original ones will over time start to crack so by changing them out u will ultimately have a better quality ride and u will be moving more air and in return creates more torque. SOmetimes torque is just as good as hp. So yes new delete area good investment
Old 05-19-2010, 07:45 PM
red96v6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 FltRoc GT
I have an manual and I do a lot of highway driving to detroit so I was thinking 3.73's but I keep reading 4.10's the way to go so I haven't made my mind up yet. I have heard the video clips online and I do want that good sound but I may have to wait and save up some more before I can do the exhaust. Id rather get the cams now haha.

Iv done some research on the delete plates but they seem like a pain in the *** to put in which im sure means more money to have them installed. Still trying to figure out if they are really worth it hp wise.

If you have any kind of mechanical inclination, I dont think delete plates are that difficult to install. I havent installed them yet, but I have had my intake manifold off for my Paxton install. Complete cake. Im going to be picking up and installing a set soon.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:03 PM
07 FltRoc GT

yeah the difficulty level didn't seem to bad, it was just a fairly long process. I'll have to consider getting them then if the stock ones tend to fail.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:43 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 FltRoc GT
yeah the difficulty level didn't seem to bad, it was just a fairly long process. I'll have to consider getting them then if the stock ones tend to fail.
a spring lock compressor is a great tool for the fuel rail.. you'll know when you get to that step lol

The delete plates really aren't that bad and are worth the extra kick you get when you get on the throttle...
Old 05-21-2010, 11:43 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

To install the delete plates, you don't need the spring lock compressor. Just leave all the fuel lines connected and pop the fuel rails off of the intake manifold and set them aside. Then you don't have to worry about spilling gas or breaking that weird fuel line connection.

Quick Reply: Cam Performance...?