Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

detroit rockers in, od light blinking, tune not right?

Old 05-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

IIRC, the idle of an auto car has to be higher than a manual. For instance, tuning LS1 cars. The stock tune idle on a manual was set about 650 ish, and the autos were around 850. I think this is so the car doesn't stall when the car is in drive and your foot is firmly holding the brake pedal.

Although, when I installed a cam in my LS1 I also had to bump the idle speed to 800-850 so that it wasn't too choopy and the idle was steady.

Last edited by Unleashedbeast; 05-24-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:49 PM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

Default Bummer

Pat I know Brenspeed will resolve the issues the sound clip is KICK A%%
I'm looking up that ehaust system no one has heard of .lol
But on a serious note it seems 1 out of 10 of the Autos is having this hit miss with the tune 1st time out. With that said my friend had a this issue and Chandler go the update and sent it out in 5 days. Don't be to bumed out but I know it sucks. Looking at the vid we have the same set up minus that your auto and I have a 5 speed.Please keep us posted and try to have a good day.

TW
Old 05-25-2010, 01:24 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

TUNE UPDATE

I called brenspeed at 5 am Maui time, I had my new tune by noon. These guys rock!!! Got home from work, downloaded it, installed it, started it!!! Idle is a little lower but just enough 900-950. Throttle response is immediate, trans shifts with confidence and firm. Coasting idle drops to maybe 800 and sounds wicked insane. I only gave it one run with about 75% throttle and man did it feel more powerful. I got the rpms up to 5500 and the trans shifted firmly into second. Traffic was thick so I could not really get on it. Its crazy louder than hell........like a pro street machine. I will get some vids later this week.

I was pulling out of my gym and some dudes were crossing the street and stopped to watch me, one dude yells, "alright" LOL....I smiled back at him.

Cant wait to race Saturday night. Cars feels faster.......12's here I come!!

Again props to brenspeed for coming through.......these guys know customer service. Also I forgot to mention Hammeron. His directions were paramount to our install. thank you man. Taco Bills write up about the taking off the cam covers, another great write up. So much great info here. Thanks guys. Rojizostang rented me the tools. He shipped them out Friday and I got em on Monday. We had trouble getting enough compression on some of the springs so we used a flat wrench behind the forks. If anybody has trouble doing this install feel free to pm me. Or maybe we did it all wrong so dont call!!! LOL

patrick
Old 05-25-2010, 02:45 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by T.Wayne
Pat I know Brenspeed will resolve the issues the sound clip is KICK A%%
I'm looking up that ehaust system no one has heard of .lol

TW

Thanks TW..........ok here the scoop on my exhaust which nobody knows!! LOL I bought the car used and it was already on there.

Here is a link. http://www.spintechmufflers.com/muff...es/cat_22.html

It was loud when I bought it with the stock cats and x pipe. They put in a lot of time to cut and weld it all in there.

If its too much for me after a few weeks of driving, I will prolly cut in some resonators. At the track when I race it, I get lots of complements. At full throttle its amazing. I will make some vids later.

patrick
Old 05-25-2010, 04:10 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Good to hear you got it taken care of!

-they sound sick as hell!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:54 AM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

Default It's a Art Forum

Just goes to show U beyond the bolts it is the Art of Tunning.
We have all seen who is better threads on tunning.
I think the talent level with sponsor tunners is our gain.
I'm glad to see Bama is back because this is 1 thing that makes our country great COMPETITION and the ability to grow. I know Bren and the crew and they compete and go all out to deliver the best product to us. Not under cutting anyonelse it's just I like those who don't fear the Competition and willing to go the extra step to get beyond the norm and offer us new products! I'm happy for you Pat and you enjoy and thanks for your tips and sharing.

TW
Old 05-25-2010, 07:50 AM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

sounds awesome man CONGRATS im sure u will get alot more attention from everyone telling u how kick butt your car sounds
Old 05-25-2010, 09:48 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
thank you man
well you are most welcome! congratulations on a superb cam
job and i'm glad our friends over at brenspeed got your tune sorted
out, looking forward to the vids.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:25 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I ordered a new vanity plate a month ago in anticipation of this install. I only planned to pick them up if my car lived up to the name..........NSTYGT..........:icon_ed die:

patrick
Old 05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Hagwood
2nd Gear Member

808Muscle, good to hear you got it worked out. I am still torn between the Detroit Rockers and the Hot Rods. I have heard several people with tune issues with the Detroit Rockers, while everyone seems to love the Chris Rose tunes for the Hot Rods, but the Detroit Rockers are supposed to make more power. So how is the driveability now ? Is all of the surging gone when applying the brakes ? Is the idle good both in gear and in park ? Any loss down low ?

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: detroit rockers in, od light blinking, tune not right?