Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Roush RH420023 M90 Supercharger Kit

Old 05-29-2010, 07:26 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
People who say a tune and CAI is like a different car just haven't driven a blown car. It's more like I dropped off a V6 and picked up a GT. Power really comes on about 2800 to 3000. from there on it pulls like crazy. the car pulls harder in 5th gear than it did in 4th gear before. If you really get into the throttle from a stop the way the car accelerates is awesome. i can go from 60 in fourth to over a 100 so fast its just crazy. I put my foot in it the other day, dropped to 3rd trying to pass some grandpa and another car that wouldn't go around him doing about 40 in a 60. when i looked down i was doing 110 and it happened so fast i didn't even realize it. I'm talking in the space of maybe four cars.

the car pulls real well from a roll, but a good launch from a stop is just crazy. the thing i like is that once you get the hand of driving a m90 car putting the 380whp or so the kit puts out to the ground is very easy. No spin, no drama, it just goes. the *** drops, the front comes up and it's gone. i love the whine of the blower. i wish it was louder at idle, you can't even hear the blower sitting still. Pop the hood and you can hear the slightest whine. Put your foot in it and people for a block and a half will jump around trying to figure out what that sound is.

My car came with 3.73 gears, that helps for sure. not sure what you are running but with a 5speed, 3.73's and this blower i am almost always in the power band. the car pulls from 2500, but hit 3k - 3.5k and its a different beast altogether. Launch the car at 3K or so and you better be ready to shift, how fast the rpms and power builds is very impressive. i guess that's why it pulls so well in 5th, at 75 - 80 on the highway I am at 2500 to 2800 rpm with my gears and the car is ready to run. You won't be disappointed. And Yates and Blue oval are the same company. I ordered with yates, my credit card was charged by blue oval.

I went to the roush site and put in my zip code to find a local roush parts dealer and then called around and found the one with the best price. Like i said i paid $600, the highest estimate i had was $1200 and that included a dyno run/tune. A dyno tune voids the warranty. I didn't have the car dynoed, this is the same tune Roush uses on its 427r cars and is conservative. if you go with the canned tune, I see no need to get a dyno run unless you just want to. i see after looking your car and mine are almost the same performance gear wise, you should see just about the same performance i am getting.
Shane,

Thanks for the great info. I am really excited. I am going to find an install shop before I order so I know my full in price.

I will just keep the Roush tune. Not interested in blowing something up, just running a strong package that is hella fun. Besides, for the price, plus warranty, I think you can't beat it.

Thanks for the insight!!!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:49 AM
bingo2
1st Gear Member

I've had my M90 on the car for 5 months and I can't get the smile off my face just thinking about driving it!

My setup is the same as Shane's and yours; 5 speed with 3.73, a great combination. The power delivery is amazingly smooth and predictible and always available beyond 1/4 throttle, less than 1/4 throttle the car drives like it is stock. Not that I'm overly concerned about mileage, but on my return trip from the installation in Phoenix, I averaged 22 MPG driving 75-80 with several bumps up over 100 to pass slower vehicles and around town, with judicious use of the throttle, I can get 16-17 MPG.

I see in your sig you have MagnaPacks; they will get louder after the SC install. I had them as well and after the install, I removed them and returned to the stock setup, the drone was driving me crazy.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:10 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by f4ifrank
I can't find yates website, have link?
This is the kit we are talking about.

http://www.yatesperformance.com/must.../rh420023.html
Old 05-29-2010, 11:28 AM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Shane!! I've spent days reading about SC's and I think this is the route to go. I have a 2010 with 15K on it and was concerned about the power train warranty. Now my only problem is finding a Ford dealer around here to install. I've called around and none of them do this kind of install dangit!!
Old 05-29-2010, 03:57 PM
ScottyG

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
That is what I am currently having done. The only thing with dealerships is they take their sweet *** time. I'm having the M90 installed with some sway bars, upper and lower control arms, and I'm having my gears swaped from 4.10 back to 3.55 and I'm still gonna get worked for $2,100 in labor. They said it might take 10 days for this stuff because of the turn around time on the PCM getting back from Roush.
Im surprised to here that. My ford dealer was great to work with. They took the car the day i called, and then had it done in 3 days. They do a lot of roush installs so maybe thats why, but i was extremely satisfied.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:24 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

whats the max HP output of the M90??
Old 05-30-2010, 01:56 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by f4ifrank
Thanks Shane!! I've spent days reading about SC's and I think this is the route to go. I have a 2010 with 15K on it and was concerned about the power train warranty. Now my only problem is finding a Ford dealer around here to install. I've called around and none of them do this kind of install dangit!!
Remember it doenst have to be a ford dealer. Any shop with an ASE certified mechanic can do it.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:57 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
whats the max HP output of the M90??
435 at crank and about 380 whp there abouts. assuming you mean what it is rated for, if you mean what you can get out of it, you can get all the stock block will take in the 450whp and over range.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:40 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
435 at crank and about 380 whp there abouts. assuming you mean what it is rated for, if you mean what you can get out of it, you can get all the stock block will take in the 450whp and over range.
What did yours dyno at?
Old 05-30-2010, 03:12 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
What did yours dyno at?
I didn't get a dyno, i have read a few places that the 427r's and m90 cars run 360~380 i think it was Wilkinda that watched one dyno when he had his done that was right in that range. i forget if it was a 5speed or auto car though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Roush RH420023 M90 Supercharger Kit