Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

what could fix a un flat air/fuel ratio on tyno?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 09:06 AM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by raywang5
ye, i wonder why harmmeron didnt tell u lol, its a paxton novi2200 HO with brenpseed tune. i just put the blower by myself in the weekend,(i was hoping some of my friend could help, damit none of them have time, so i decide do it myself lol).. no more mods except hurst short throw shifter, i m pretty happy with the result, CANT believe i did this by one man..

so u are saying i m going to get worse fuel econmy like 20%-30%, nothing else? will adjust the KENNEL BELL BAP fix this cuz it is running rich at the beginning?
I wouldn't adjust anything. All the tweaking will have to be done by a tuner. I'd say it's pretty good for a mail order tune.

I'm sure a custom dyno tune could get some more out of it. Did you notice the timing at wot during your dyno session?

BTW what's happening in July? I'm about 200 miles (a few hours) north of you. I used to drive down to Hillsboro for shooting matches way back when. It was a nice day trip.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:34 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
I wouldn't adjust anything. All the tweaking will have to be done by a tuner. I'd say it's pretty good for a mail order tune.

I'm sure a custom dyno tune could get some more out of it. Did you notice the timing at wot during your dyno session?

BTW what's happening in July? I'm about 200 miles (a few hours) north of you. I used to drive down to Hillsboro for shooting matches way back when. It was a nice day trip.
mine is the custom tune from brenspeed, i called them and odered my tune with the blower. well, its alrdy 487 rwhp, i dont think i will get more without consider safety issues, i didnt notice any wrong with the car except it will engine light will flash 8times sometimes i guess? and when i fired the car, it comes off. car running like beast..
and i did send brenspeed back the dyno sheet, they said nothing wrong with it except running alittle bit rich. so i guess not a big problem running a little bit rich just to prevent some bad stuff happen i guess.
btw, u said u are living 200 miles from hillsbro. where is it? i guess i will live in eugene after i came back from FL.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:49 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by raywang5
mine is the custom tune from brenspeed, i called them and odered my tune with the blower. well, its alrdy 487 rwhp, i dont think i will get more without consider safety issues, i didnt notice any wrong with the car except it will engine light will flash 8times sometimes i guess? and when i fired the car, it comes off. car running like beast..
and i did send brenspeed back the dyno sheet, they said nothing wrong with it except running alittle bit rich. so i guess not a big problem running a little bit rich just to prevent some bad stuff happen i guess.
btw, u said u are living 200 miles from hillsbro. where is it? i guess i will live in eugene after i came back from FL.
About 30 miles north of Seattle
Old 07-16-2010, 10:07 AM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
About 30 miles north of Seattle
emm 3-4 hour drive for me ha...
btw hows your engine rebuilding now?