Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Ordered My Roush M90 Tonite!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:10 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by f4ifrank
I'm guessing that I will have to have my computer re-flashed to compensate for the smaller wheel size?
Your blower will require a reflash, at that time they will ask what size tires you have or revs per mile. I can tell you from experience that 285/40/18's take 759 revolutions per mile.

Wheel size doesn't matter much, it's the height of a mounted tire measured while installed on the vehicle.

The formula is tire height x 3.142 = tire diameter. Divide 63360 (inches in a mile) by tire diameter = revolutions per mile.

Last edited by BruceH; 06-27-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: equation correction
Old 06-27-2010, 03:51 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Speaking of....I've got 19" wheels and was thinking about going to 18's. What's the best route?
it depends on which route you want to take. More rubber or more rim. The rim will weigh it down and give you some traction, while more rubber will do the same minus the weight ( ie; smaller rim, filling out your wheel well). Flashing the PCM is no big deal, just input your rpm/revs in your hand held tuner when re-installing your tune and your good to go.

Personally, I like smaller rims big tires out back. Gives it the old school muscle look, rather than the 22s/rubber band mans out back lol.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:40 AM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Congrats! you will love it,and if you get tired of the the roush pcm flash you can get the VMP 500hp kit,which is a big difference from the stock M90
Old 06-27-2010, 11:15 AM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by charliebrown266
Congrats! you will love it,and if you get tired of the the roush pcm flash you can get the VMP 500hp kit,which is a big difference from the stock M90
Great!! So it doesn't end, does it? LOL I had no idea, when I bought the car, all the money you start throwing into it and I'm just starting.

My only other Hotrod was back in '79, an AMC AMX. So here I am years later and it's incredible the number of upgrades available on these mustangs. I did read about the VMP upgrade, it's like $900?

As far as the SCT tuner, I don't have one, is that a requirement for the M90?

And THANKS guys for all the input and ideas, keep 'em coming. And thanks Bruce, for the formula!!
Old 06-27-2010, 02:15 PM
MadMoose
2nd Gear Member

for the VMP upgrade kit they give you a SCT tuner with it, but the stock M90 you just send your PCM into roush and they upload the tune for you
Old 06-27-2010, 02:41 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Congrats dude.............your gunna be grinning so much its gonna hurt! LOL
Old 06-27-2010, 07:52 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Thanks to ShaneM and his cult like preaching about the M90 I've decided on the Roush M90 because of safety and warranty reasons. I've spent the past month reading and reading about the different S/C systems and they all have their merits. I guess for me, it truly came down to the warranty issue and price($4299 shipped), I only have 18K miles on my '10 and felt most comfortable with the excellent warranty, Roush backed.

I loved the E-force and seriously considered that one, looked like a great system and probably safe as well. But thanks to ShaneM and his persistent "rants" about the M90, I ordered tonite and I'm siked!!! I have a friend that's ASE certified and we're gonna spend a weekend installing it.

I feel Roush should pay ShaneM some sort of commission for pushing the M90!! By the way, I love the way you've tricked out your car ShaneM, thanks for all the input on this forum and I too, will be feeling forced induction very soon

Any idea of how long "ground" shipping takes?

Also, I read that you really don't need any gauges for this system because it is so safe, so I didn't order any. Might add down the road, but it took everything I could scrape together to get the S/C. Is it fairly easy to add some gauges down the road? Should the Air/Fuel be the first one? Any comments are appreciated. Yeah Baby!!!

Muhahahahahhah.... not a roush employee. I just did LOTS of research, didn't listen to some of the blower snobs, and i am 100% satisfied with my purchase. Good luck with the install AND the palce that does the install has to send in the warranty card for you to get it activated. i think that's the way roush keeps folks honest. You need an copy of the install recipt so jus thave your friend write you up a invoice perhaps on letterhed from his work and you shoudl be golden. I assume you are ordering from yates, i ordere don a friday night and it turned up in about 9 days. they drop ship from roush. You have to actualyl pull the ECM from the car and overnight it to Roush in a box they provide. That takes a day or so. My ecm was sent on wedesday from teh shop and got back late thursday.

As far as needing tires, they will help you hook .I drove mine aroudn for almost 2 months on teh stock 19" premium wheels and all season tires. i coudl burn them down at will on the highway with TC off and you can spin them from a launch at will too. onc ei got used to it though, you can launch hard on stock tires.

Teh 555's on my car now hook much better. i went form the 19" stock wheels down to 18" wheels and dont miss the 19's. i much prefer the 18" look. anyway, i bought my shelby redlines on ebay for a song. teh guy has all sorts of AM shelby wheels and others that are cheap. He was actualyl cheaper than American Muscle and the wheels were name brand so i wnt with them instead of AM or Crusin wher ei ordered the tires. I'm not a big fan of the older series GT500 wheels on a 10. the 10GT500's look great, there were a bunch of them on ebay in 18" from verts for very good price. they look the same as the 19" coupe wheels only they aren;t forged liek the coupe wheels.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:34 PM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

Well crap, I'm not liking the time on ground shipping but I am liking the turnaround on the ECM and YES, I did order from Yates, great price for a S/C with intercooler. Wasn't to long ago, that unit was over $5k.

My friend bought a Mieneke shop and is turning it into a muscle car shop. So, no problem getting the invoice for install and the like for the warranty. I'll be good there. Now I have to sit and wait on ground shipping

Shane, did you install any gauges? I think I read that you didn't.

Last edited by f4ifrank; 06-27-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:39 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Well crap, I'm not liking the time on ground shipping but I am liking the turnaround on the ECM and YES, I did order from Yates, great price for a S/C with intercooler. Wasn't to long ago, that unit was over $5k.

My friend bought a Mieneke shop and is turning it into a muscle car shop. So, no problem getting the invoice for install and the like for the warranty. I'll be good there. Now I have to sit and wait on ground shipping

Shane, did you install any gauges? I think I read that you didn't.
I added a boost guage, mostly cause it looks cool jumping around. lol that is the oly guage roush puts in thier cars so i figured why not. it cost me like an extra $130 for the guage and the vent pod.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:45 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Great!! So it doesn't end, does it? LOL I had no idea, when I bought the car, all the money you start throwing into it and I'm just starting.

My only other Hotrod was back in '79, an AMC AMX. So here I am years later and it's incredible the number of upgrades available on these mustangs. I did read about the VMP upgrade, it's like $900?

As far as the SCT tuner, I don't have one, is that a requirement for the M90?

And THANKS guys for all the input and ideas, keep 'em coming. And thanks Bruce, for the formula!!

no it never ends. i started with the blower, then wheels and tires, then suspension, next is the roush exhaust, then the mgw shifter, then the aluminum DS along with an adustable upper control arm and some lower control arms, then ss brake lines, better pads etc... then the looks stuff, then the underhood stuff, then the interior... then the warranty expires and i start over with a new tune and more power, which will lead to needign better tires, which migh tlead to more suspension work, it keeps on and on... the the new stang comes out, i trade this one in, and start over.

Quick Reply: Ordered My Roush M90 Tonite!!