Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Adding supercharger kit... is there anything else I should have done when it's put in

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 07:33 PM
reckles1

Default Adding supercharger kit... is there anything else I should have done when it's put in

OK,

! ! ! About to put in a Vortech HO system with intercooler ! ! ! Being that they gotta’ pull it apart I was wondering if I should do anything else while I'm having the install done to save money down the road.

Aside from appearance and audio mods all I have done to my GT is put a C&L CAI, Borla exhaust, and a Diablo Predator with a Dyno-tune, then put 410’s in.

I guess my over all goal is to have one of those youtube go-carts with a street bike engine in it as a daily driver =0}… and to be able to smack the sh*t outta’ just about anything I run into on the street.

I’m not really sure what else if anything I should do, I was thinking maybe a Cam, Head Job, or internals any thoughts?
Old 07-25-2010, 07:38 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Delete plates, are great. If you have the money, a aftermarket intake manifold is good as well on a budget. If anything, the tune you get plus the H.O. kit will give you more than enough power the stock motor can take
Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Internals would be a good idea if you wanted to give yourself more room for power growth later.
They would also help your current setup be a bit safer.

If I ever was to get a SC I would go with some suspension beef and stronger internals if I had my choice.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:12 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

pics of the go-cart when you get it built
Old 07-26-2010, 11:55 AM
piledriver
Banned

I think 410's are too steep when running the 1/4 mile, at least they are if you run the stock diameter tire.
Don't you have to shift into 5th when running the 1/4?
I am pretty sure you'd top out at around 110 mph in 4th, and with your setup you should trap out faster then that.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:02 PM
jason07gt

look in to the C&L intake manifold with the whipple single blade throttle body wiht that set up (what the hell ur adding weight to get the hp any way)
Old 07-26-2010, 01:22 PM
reckles1

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Delete plates, are great. If you have the money, a aftermarket intake manifold is good as well on a budget. If anything, the tune you get plus the H.O. kit will give you more than enough power the stock motor can take
Yeah,

Money is really not a factor for me, my wife just got a pool that I didnt want so now I got about 10k I can spend before she starts bit*hing. LOL

Putting out more power then my car can take is kinda' what i am afraid of, and I was wondering if it was worth the money to just go ahead and have then do the bottom end now.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:32 PM
reckles1

Originally Posted by jason07gt
look in to the C&L intake manifold with the whipple single blade throttle body wiht that set up (what the hell ur adding weight to get the hp any way)
I have been looking at those since they came out but have not known anyone who had anything to say about them one way or the other.

In regard to the weight vs hp issue, I'm not really sure what you are trying to say.

1st of all I don't run my car at the track, but even if I did I don't see how adding over 150 hp could be a bad thing.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
reckles1

Originally Posted by piledriver
I think 410's are too steep when running the 1/4 mile, at least they are if you run the stock diameter tire.
Don't you have to shift into 5th when running the 1/4?
I am pretty sure you'd top out at around 110 mph in 4th, and with your setup you should trap out faster then that.
Ok so I'm kinda' new to this whole thing but I'm spending lots of money and learning fast.

Being that my car is an auto with a tci ratchet shifter... in my curent setup it really woke it up around town.

I really can't say how it would be in a stick, but i'm doing 0-100 in 11 sec. and I still got about around 1000-1200rpm beofore it would shift into 5th.

Although, having said that... I gotta say that I agree with you that the 410's are a little high, but only because on the Highway I'm right at 3k doing 80mph.
If I had to do it over again I would have went with 373's.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:00 PM
reckles1

Originally Posted by hammeron
pics of the go-cart when you get it built
I got a bunch of pic of the car now, but how the hell do you make it so you can see your pic with your screen name.

I see that most of you list your mods after my first post I can kinda see how that would help people to understand what Your doing so I'm going to work on adding what all I've done to it inside and out.

Quick Reply: Adding supercharger kit... is there anything else I should have done when it's put in