Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Pype Bomb = AMAZING

Old 05-18-2015, 06:51 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SYMBOLISM
I too am trying to decide between bombs and violators. How come on americanmuscle the violators say they give HP and the pype bombs doesnt mention HP?

Also was wondering if I should get a catback or axelback. I am in california and do not wanna fail smog. any advice.

I am also new to mustangs. Just got mine last week. LOVE IT
Thread is five years old but here's the lowdown, neither exhaust is going to give you (or free up) horsepower. Just doesn't work that way with our cars. I owned the Pypes catback exhaust and couldn't stand it. Sounds good, but it never fit properly and started rusting. I just swapped it out for the Kooks catback and the quality is significantly better. It would be better for you to save for a little bit longer and get a better quality exhaust.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:49 PM
keester
2nd Gear Member

Welcome from another Californian. Just got some axlebacks delivered today. I will give you an update when I get them installed.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:30 AM
SYMBOLISM

Originally Posted by CMcNam
Thread is five years old but here's the lowdown, neither exhaust is going to give you (or free up) horsepower. Just doesn't work that way with our cars. I owned the Pypes catback exhaust and couldn't stand it. Sounds good, but it never fit properly and started rusting. I just swapped it out for the Kooks catback and the quality is significantly better. It would be better for you to save for a little bit longer and get a better quality exhaust.
Thanks for info. Do you know if a catback would reduce the chances of me passing a smog test or is that only if I alter or remove the cats
Old 05-19-2015, 08:30 AM
SYMBOLISM

Originally Posted by keester
Welcome from another Californian. Just got some axlebacks delivered today. I will give you an update when I get them installed.
Whats up man, awesome let me know.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:21 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SYMBOLISM
Thanks for info. Do you know if a catback would reduce the chances of me passing a smog test or is that only if I alter or remove the cats
Should be fine either way as long as you don't touch the cats (which you wouldn't with either a catback or axleback). I had a catback in Commiefornia and never had any issues passing.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:52 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

I swear I have seen the OPs tags around, I cant remeber when or where

I would say you would be fine on emissions test as long as your not modifying any
emissions equipment which you aren't I live in the commifornia of the east where its
rumored when have emissions testing in NOVA

You have to look at the difference in enviroments of CNcNam lives as to where you live
I think the Pypes system will be quality wise fine for you in Cal as long as your not in the mountains or Nor Cal

He lives in the NE the Land of Salt and Potholes

Not trying to say he is wrong because he isnt, the Kooks system is no doubt better quality but just look into what your getting and the circumstance surrounding it.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:33 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BWfVA
I swear I have seen the OPs tags around, I cant remeber when or where

I would say you would be fine on emissions test as long as your not modifying any
emissions equipment which you aren't I live in the commifornia of the east where its
rumored when have emissions testing in NOVA

You have to look at the difference in enviroments of CNcNam lives as to where you live
I think the Pypes system will be quality wise fine for you in Cal as long as your not in the mountains or Nor Cal

He lives in the NE the Land of Salt and Potholes

Not trying to say he is wrong because he isnt, the Kooks system is no doubt better quality but just look into what your getting and the circumstance surrounding it.
I only just moved here in October...was previously stationed in Cali with the Pypes system on the car where it was already rusting.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:55 PM
mustangrob08

i have a set of pipe bombs and it does sound amazing,i was satisfied until another stang passed by the other day while i was at the gas pump and hit it,his car sounded way better than mine,i imagine he has a set of headers or aftermarket mid-pipe
Old 07-30-2015, 02:57 PM
mustangrob08

i'm gonna try to get a sound clip on my phone so you guys can hear
Old 08-13-2015, 01:59 AM
Ryan.Kimberly

I have Pypes longtube headers with non-catted x-pipe and blacked out pypes bombs everyone always saids how mean my car sounds. Yes at highway speeds there is a little drone but why get loud exhaust if you don't want to hear your car?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pype Bomb = AMAZING